I got myself a part time job since SS isn't a whole lot to live on, and have been doing that since November 2020. My health is OK, no major heart issues, but still dealing with Type 2 diabetes. Can't seem to get that managed properly.
I do a lot of crafts and the rest of the time I read. Exciting - not. But it is what it is and is better than not being here at all.
It has been a hot summer so far, and we finally got some rain this last week. Living in the desert in the summer isn't for the faint of heart. We go from AC to AC, very little time spent outside, even at night when the temps are in the 90's.
I do try to garden, but most everything I try can't surive the summer heat. I do have a few survivors, but am looking forward to growing season again. Cooler days and cooler nights.
A couple of weeks ago I broke down and got a new mini split system. So far it hasn't lived up to expectations. My AC guy is coming to look at it again this morning. It hasn't been able to keep up with the heat and it gets up to 85 degrees indoors when it is supposed to be around 74. If he gets it fixed and it maintains the set temp, I will bump that up to 76 or 78.
I took a trip to Maine back in 2023. First time back since I left in 2014. It was a nice trip but don't expect to do that again any time soon. The whole airport experience was a nightmare for me. But I got to see some people I hadn't seen in years and that was worth it for me at the time. Now, I wouldn't want to do it again.
The main reason I am reviving this blog is that I need a place to post my Amazon Affiliate links. Going to try and earn a few dollars to off set my shopping there. Life has gotten so much more expensive and the income isn't keeping up. Any little bit will help.
That is about all for this morning. You can find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/holly.bonville
No comments:
Post a Comment