Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Just about a year

It has been just about a year since I had my open heart surgery. CABGx2 and ASD repair. March 15th will be my one year anniversary. Still having some issues, changes in meds, diabetes kicking up, exhaustion,aches and pains. But all in all, I'm doing good.

Still fighting disability. Was denied the first time for lack of work credits, so I applied for the other type. Was denied and told I could work thru my discomfort...I appealed. Still waiting. I am a 60 year old woman with a heart condition, diabetes, arthritis, and a bunch of annoying little issues. I can no longer do the job I was doing, and there are very few low impact jobs here in Q. I have been surviving on my savings, selling of personal items and selling my crafts, but the savings is gone and I only have so many personal items I can sell. My friend in VT, Maureen, set up a go fund me for me. It isn't doing well, she and her daughter are the only ones that contributed so far. Granted, it is only three days old, but I had hoped I meant more to people than what appears.

Maureen asked me back when I had the surgery a year ago if she could do this. I asked her to wait until I absolutely had to. So we did. I'm at that place. I feel like I am begging, but people do it for less. It is a pay it forward situation. I have given money to people that were ready to loose their house and have their power shut off, a sizeable sum. I help people when I can. I have and will continue to pay it forward when I can.

All I am asking today is that you share the GFM link. Not asking for donations unless you want to help. I have no idea how long it will take to get some money coming in from somewhere, and I have had zero income since I was flown to Phoenix for my surgery.

Help if you can, and sharing the link will definitely be helping.  Thank you.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/7bwuv-healing-holly

No comments:

Post a Comment