Saturday, February 7, 2015

Got my new car

Up and out of here early yesterday morning. Went to McDonalds for breakfast. I won’t be doing that again any time soon. A bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, hash brown and large coffee cost almost eight dollars! Ouch! I will have to see what the breakfast options are around here. Anyway, met Nick the inspector at the new place. Took about three hours. He was very thorough. The place is in pretty good shape. About the only things he found wrong was the toilet is leaking and the shower is leaking. Those should both be fixed before I move in, or shortly thereafter depending on when I move in. While there, I also talked with Dave, the board member that is on my street and we still have some paperwork that needs to be dealt with there.

I left the tracker at the new place and got a ride to the corner with Nick and met Josh, the kid that drove the new car to Q. Took Josh back to Parker, then stopped at McDonalds and got a jalapeno burger, then to Walmart to pick up a few things. Was looking for seat covers, but didn’t see anything I liked. I think I will just take the ones out of the tracker and the steering wheel cover too. I did get the 12 volt outlet that I wanted which expands up to three plugs and a usb so I can power more things. And yet another phone holder.  We’ll see if this one will work for me. I just get it figured out and I get something different to drive or a different phone.

It was a really long day yesterday having been up since 2:30. My new bedding was at the post office in a huge box, good thing I had the bigger car, it wouldn’t have fit in the tracker. Kali Cat’s grain free food was there too finally. So she got good food for dinner last night and inhaled the first batch I gave her, so I gave her some more. I think she likes it.

This is the new car…

It drives so nice! Gotta get used to the larger footprint. It is bigger than the jeep was, and considerably larger than the tracker. Has a much better turning radius and a lot more power. 

And I saw this as I was going in to Walmart in Parker Arizona yesterday…

You never know what you are going to see around here.

After I got back yesterday, I had wanted to swap all the stuff out of the tracker to the new car, but was too tired to do it. I came straight back here only stopping at the post office, and chilled for the rest of the day. Was going to load the scooter up to get it ready to take over this morning, but there is a locking hitch pin on the hitch and I don’t have the key. So I will probably have to have it cut off. I will go swap cars and bring the tracker back and load it up on that and get that moved to the new place today along with the stuff that has been sitting in the screen house since I cleaned out Ody and moved the bed. Basically since I got here. Tonight I will have a campfire and get the fire pit raked and the bits and pieces cleaned out of it tomorrow. One more shower and then I can break that down and get it put away. Will also take down the screen house at the same time. Get myself ready to roll. I’m thinking I am going to take Kali Cat over in the car. It is big enough to hold the kennel cage and that will keep her accidents limited and I won’t have to worry about her in Ody. Or, I could put her in the kennel in Ody. But I think the car is a better idea. Put down a pee pad in the kennel, easy cleanup. And carry her from the car to the new place. She is doing better, no accidents, and I am hoping this isn’t going to trigger another attack.

I need to stop at the laundromat and wash the new sheets so they will be ready to go. I would do them at the new place, but there isn’t a dryer there and I don’t want to have to do laundry before I can go to bed. Of course my detergent and fabric softener are in the tracker.

Cold dinner last night, whatever I could pull out of the fridge. Wasn’t up to cooking. So looking forward to having a real kitchen soon. First time in several years. Although it is an electric stove. My first. I will be getting a new toaster oven, so the stove probably won’t see a lot of use. 

There was a bunny next door at the new place when I was sitting there eating my breakfast yesterday morning. And last night while I was outside, the bunny that comes here every night came while it was still light out, and of course, I didn’t have my camera. Would have been a great shot. Probably won’t have that opportunity again. It didn’t come back after I did go get the camera. I will be prepared tonight, but it probably won’t do it again while I am out there in the daylight.

I had a horrible night last night. Up at 1 AM for several hours, then went back to bed to try to sleep, and nope, wasn’t gonna do it. Up for a little while again, and then I figured since I can snooze in front of the tv in the half assed setup I have going on this bench, I would see if I could do it intentionally. I think it worked. I  lost some time there, so I must have been out for a little while. I will have options in the new place. A recliner and a couch. You have no idea how much I miss my recliner. That was my go to when I couldn’t sleep and almost always went back to sleep in the recliner.

Well, got some stuff to do today, so I should probably get moving before I run out of motivation.

9 comments:

  1. Nice looking wheels!! Surprised you didn't take the goat, too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! A lot of change in a very short time. But change is good. :)
    Darrel, the goat was already gone when I came out of the store. Someone else got my goat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new car looks beautiful! And it’s quite obvious that it has a wide space inside. It's perfect for when you have to transport heavy packages, or have to go somewhere with everyone. Cheers!

    Damon Sherman @ Butler Auto Hyundai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, so far so good. :) I'm hoping it will pull a small travel trailer and haul just about everything I need hauled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s nice to hear that you are so happy and proud of your new car. It is a beauty, and it looks so comfortable to drive in on the road. I've always liked red cars, so I think you made the perfect choice in selecting that color. Hahaha! Anyway, I had fun reading your post. Thanks for sharing a great read! All the best to you!

    Victoria Robbins @ Diviniti Auto Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should see the car now....covered in desert dust. I really need to get out there and give it a good wash and polish. But it isn't that high on my list of priorities. Doing too many other things right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The car looks lovely! It’s nice to know that you found it more convenient to drive than the Jeep and tracker, and that it was well worth getting it. Thanks for sharing. Drive safe!

    Diana Hayes @ Baldwin Subaru

    ReplyDelete