Thursday, February 5, 2015

Off to Parker to sign some papers and look at cars

I’m in kind of a funny mood this morning. A lot going on, a lot of emotional baggage. Last night, Kali Cat peed on the brand new picture that I finally managed to get at Salvation Army. Thankfully, it was under glass, but the mat soaked up some pee, so now I have to redo it. But the fact that she peed somewhere other than her box has me distressed. It hasn’t happened since, but I am watching every move she makes. I don’t like having to do that, and it keeps me stressed. Plus, I am also disappointed with the picture, when I took it apart to rescue it, I discovered it is just a print. I paid $10 thinking it was a painting. I will have to be more careful in the future. I could have printed my own for free.

Got a call from the escrow people yesterday. I have to go sign some papers today and figure out how to make the payment. Either by check or wire. Looks like I will be moving Monday or Tuesday. I sent an email off to Carolyn asking if I could put my scooter in the shed. If she says yes, I will take some other stuff as well. Mostly what is in the screen house. Will make moving day that much easier. During the move, I think I will park KC and her box in the bathroom and close the door. It shouldn’t take too long to move. I don’t have a lot of stuff. 

Hopefully I will have my sheets and bedding by then. I will still need to wash the sheets before I put them on the bed.

Last night when she peed on the painting, I thought for sure I would have to postpone the paper signing in Parker. But so far so good. She even had a second breakfast already this morning. I hope her new food shows up soon. That should help too.

I want to look at cars while I am in Parker. I want an SUV, 6 cylinder minimum. I’m considering getting a small travel trailer to tow instead of another (smaller) motorhome. That would reduce the cost considerably, and the insurance would be a lot less too. And to tow anything, I need more than 4 cylinders. 8 would be best, but we will see what is available.

I still didn’t get the quilt. The place was still closed when I went by yesterday. But I did pick up an unfinished one at Salvation army. I may get brave and try to finish it myself. Or find someone that will do it for me.

Yesterday while I was out and about, I stopped in to the mexican import store to see what they had and price things out. I brought this home…. I got the one on the right with the darker face. It sits about 16 inches tall. Clay.



Priced chimineas and large pots. Looks like I might have to take a trip to Mexico. I think I can get them for a lot less if I import them myself. I would like a chiminea and two very large pots for the patio. Get something green and growing. I am going to try to stick to the southwestern theme. Inside too. When things settle down, I want to replace the chairs and couch in the living room with two southwest style recliners. I don’t use a couch much, and I can sleep in a recliner just fine. That would also free up some space for a couple of end tables or a table to go between them. I need to find room for a computer desk somewhere as I don’t want to clutter up the dining table with electronics.

Found some patio furniture on the Walmart website that I liked. Bookmarked it for later. But will see what is available locally. Maybe something I like better.

Well, just about time to get dressed and head to Parker. I got a nice hot shower last night, almost too hot. Adding the clear plastic to the solar water heating setup I have made a huge difference. It felt really good. 

This week's photo challenge is Window Light. Kali Cat graced me with an opportunity, so here is my submission.


Here is the black and white version.



No comments:

Post a Comment