Thursday, February 26, 2015

Five years

Today is the anniversary of Jake’s death. It just feels like another day now. I miss him every day, so today is no different other than marking the milestone.

With Kali Cat and her failing health, I really haven’t had much time to think about anything else. Other than the similarities of taking care of a failing Jake and a failing Kali Cat, around the same time of year. I am still hoping she goes on her own so I don’t have to make that choice. 

Yesterday didn’t go as planned. I did get a decent start on the day and went and got Ody and took her to dump her tanks, flush and add enzymes. I drove out to La Posa South where the dump station is, I already paid my fee when I got here, and dumped both tanks. Then went and added some fresh water to both the black and gray tanks and the first treatment of enzymes. I drove around the loop that I stayed at for the winter, saw Lee and stopped and talked to Connie and Bob for a few minutes. My campsite had already been taken by another camper. Must have been a good site. :) Once I finished the loop, sloshing all the water around, I went and waited in line to dump again. After I did that, I brought Ody back and put her in the driveway. My intent was to vacuum, the first stage in cleaning, but Chad was ready to try and fix the antenna and see if we could get my channels back. We lost a couple of hours with that, to no avail. I guess I am going to have to buy another antenna. This one isn’t as good as the reviews made it out to be. And of course, I already tossed the box, so I can’t send it back. :( I will deal with that in a few days. I have lost all three of the major networks and even tho I do have FOX, it won’t stay tuned.

I have been dealing with achy feet and dry skin for a couple of days. Walking is painful. I have cracked skin on my left heel, and another spot under one of my toe nails. Ouch!

I did manage to get the first pass done on the bathroom and kitchen area of Ody. Today I hope to finish it up and get her up for sale. I want to hose down the rugs, vacuum and wash the floors, and wipe down the cupboards and clean the glass. I also still need to uninstall my charge controller for the solar setup. I want to set that up in the shed. The cab area where the litter box was will need extra attention, plus it has a ton of desert dust.

Today she is having difficulty peeing again. She doesn’t seem to be hurting tho. No crying, just repeated trips to the litter box. She hasn’t reached the stage of peeing wherever she can, so I haven’t put her and her box in the bathroom…yet. Hopefully she will pass whatever is causing the blockage, I think that is what the clots are all about. They are in the box daily now. She is still eating, and with the prednisone, seems to be hungrier than before. But she isn’t getting all of her meds, she just won’t eat all of the food I put them in. But I figure some is better than none.

I wrapped up my chores yesterday around 3 and spent quite a bit of time on the couch with her. I don’t know how many more times I will be able to do that, so I do it when I can.