Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wickenburg Arizona

What a long day yesterday! I never got back to sleep, Kali Cat wouldn’t let me, so I was running on about four hours sleep. I met up with Georgia and off we went to Wickenburg after she got things situated at the RV place. It was about an hour and a half drive, got there just before lunch. Took some photos and wandered around a little, then had lunch and a little more wandering. We had to headed back at 2 because the RV place closed at 4 and she needed to be there before then. I found a couple of metal candle holders for my battery operated candles, and a silver bud vase that will also hold a candle. Other than lunch, I spent $14. I did see some stuff I liked, but being a tourist town, it was pretty pricey.

I stopped and picked up my home inspection report before heading back to camp. I was really tired and extremely thirsty as I had forgotten my water bottle. Can’t travel without that here.

I have to take the car back to the dealer because the engine light came on yesterday. It is running fine, but I have had the thing three days. I don’t want to have to stare at that light. Plus I want to give em some grief about the hitch lock and no key. I may do that today. I would like to go to Walmart and pick up a few things for the new place anyway. The only other thing I would like to do today is take down the shower enclosure and the screen house. Get ready for moving day. I can manage a day or two without it, and that way all I will have to do is secure the indoor stuff. 

I am thinking I am going to take Kali Cat over with the car. Just put her in the kennel in the back. That way I can concentrate on driving Ody without having to clean up KC mess. It will still be traumatic for her, but easier for me in the long run. I will just put her and her box and food in the bathroom in the new place until she has settled down when the time comes. That way I won’t have to worry about her more than necessary.

I want to get a toaster oven, something to cover the couch with and maybe a matching cover for the recliner. They are both pretty ugly. There are some other things I want too, but they can wait. But I do want to be able to cook my dinner without having to fire up the big oven. I have a whole list of things I need. I still need to get paint for the picture frame, and the new metal candle holders are going to be painted too. So several cans of matte black spray paint.

I went next door to the campfire for a little while last night, but I was so tired it was putting me to sleep. So I came back and crashed early. Up at 2:30 again, but this time I had six hours of sleep. If I go to Parker in the morning, I should be back early enough to get a nap around mid day, and can deal with the screen house after that. If I don’t get that done, there is always tomorrow morning.

Here are the photos from yesterday's trip.

https://plus.google.com/photos/118406578374225960662/albums/6114198064546471041

No comments:

Post a Comment