Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kali Cat and sleep

Kali Cat had a rough day and night last night, she was having trouble peeing again. Howling, etc. This is the first time this has happened at night, and there wasn’t much I could do for her. She didn’t want  to be held and when she got up on the bed, she peed. She also threw up on the living room rug, twice. So after all of that, I decided to put her in the bathroom for the night to minimize the mess. I put her box, the dinner she didn’t eat, and some water in there and closed her in. It is one of her favorite sleeping spots anyway, or was until I closed the door. This morning she seems to be better. Sizable clumps in the litter box, so I am going to just wait and see what happens. The vet is off on some conference or something this week anyway. My only other option is to take her to Blythe, which is a half hour away. She is still on antibiotics, and goes back to this vet next week. This is happening more and more often, so her tumor must be growing. I don’t know how much time we have left. It is a wait and see thing now. She was anxious for her breakfast and had some serious purring going on. A good sign. Ears and nose are cooler too.

I worked my ass off yesterday to finish cleaning out Ody. At that point, I just wanted it done. I basically bagged stuff and dumped it in the shed to be dealt with later. In and amongst all of that, my new TV came, and the bed frame. I got the TV set up and half the bed frame set up and transferred my twin mattress to that, then later, Fed Ex came again with the new mattress. So I started the bed process all over again. Got the new mattress unrolled and expanded, made up the bed. Put the twin back in Ody. I was really hurting by the end of the day, but Ody is now empty except for removing the charge controller and inverter and a couple of power cords in one of the bays. Yay! I still have a mess of stuff to deal with, but I am done running back and forth with bags full of stuff.

Today, I am thinking about taking Ody to dump and rinse her tanks, then moving her to her parking spot in the storage area. I can clean her over there, but am not going to do it today. I am tired of her blocking the whole driveway. There is also a yard/estate sale this morning that I want to hit. I need a desk and something to put the printer on. Right now it is sitting on the couch. I can’t stand it when things aren’t in their place, it is bugging me and it hasn’t been there 24 hours yet. Not that I use the couch. Although, since I don’t have a recliner, I should move it back where it was so I can use it to watch TV until I do get a new recliner.. Hmmmm……

I got some tunes going yesterday with my little Bose speaker and iPod. I tried the built in stereo and speakers, but they are so old they are crap. I will be pulling the stereo out and tossing it. I don’t know if the speakers will be any good on something different, will figure it out at some point. 

The shed is a disaster, that is where most of yesterday’s dumping occurred. I will have to spend some time out there sorting and rearranging so I can have a decent work space. I will put all of the RV stuff for the new rig in one spot and work around that. Once I get the new rig, all of that stuff will go in there. I can’t believe how much stuff I had in Ody. I don’t know how I fit it all in. I was beginning to worry that I was going to run out of cupboards and cabinets, but I didn’t. I still have a few empty ones. I’m sure I will be organizing and reorganizing for a while yet.

I slept last night, in spite of the Kali Cat issues. I took some Simply Sleep because I was over tired, hadn’t had more than four hours sleep a night for the last couple of weeks, and I just needed to get some sleep. I didn’t get up until 5 this morning. I did wake up a couple of times, thankfully I didn’t need to use the bathroom because KC was in there. Went right back to sleep. I can’t say I feel rested, but I am feeling better.

Oh, I also went to the Farmers Market, post office, grocery store and Salvation Army yesterday morning, so it was a very full day. Not doing a whole lot today. I think when I do go out, a yard sale first, I will close the bedroom door to keep Kali Cat out. There are too many hidden spots she can pee, and I don’t want to have to go hunting for them. Although I think the worst of this episode is over. I hope. 

The days are in the 80’s right now, no humidity, so it isn’t bad at all. Nights are in the upper 40’s. It warms up fast when the sun comes up. I spend as much time outside as I can.

Tomorrow, I hope to start walking again. I figured that I have been doing enough walking back and forth between the house and Ody this week. But I would like to get out and see the neighborhood. And eventually get back into doing stuff. I haven’t done much of anything fun since this whole buying  a place thing started. Being able to do things was one of the main reasons I decided to buy here.


  1. I am sorry to hear kali is not doing well.

    1. Thank you. She had a bit better day yesterday. I hope for the same today.