Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lots of new stuff

I did a lot and a lot got done yesterday. I went and hit a bunch of yard sales, didn’t buy much, there is a lot of junk out there, but managed to find a working Sony DVD player for five bucks, and a couple of round cabinet knobs for fifty cents. 


Went to the post office and picked up four packages, Dollar General for some other stuff, and then came back and did four of the five modifications to my screen door. I cut the screw and drilled a hole to mount the two knobs on the door slide. Then I installed the push bar and grille. And last but not least, put a spring on the door so it is self closing. The only other thing I want to do to the door is figure out a way to lock it from the inside. I haven’t had any luck finding the piece I need to do that. 


I also got rid of the old TV yesterday and a VCR. Did laundry and hung that out before I went out yard sailing. My TV antenna came yesterday, so Chad went to the hardware store and bought the pipe and clamps we needed to put it up and then he put it up for me. It was almost too easy. Less than an hour, and just hooked it into the existing satellite wiring and it worked! We expected it to be much more difficult. The only thing is, I’m not sure the pipe he bought is heavy enough. I’m afraid it will come down in the wind, and we get lots of wind here. Time will tell. 

I was up at 2:30 this morning and I started taking down window treatments, curtains, hardware, wooden pieces. The big one on the end still needs to come down, but it is a two person job and will try to grab Chad later. It will only take a few minutes. 

I was going to go to another yard sale today, but have decided against it. Spread it out or I will get tired of it. 

Oh, I also got a bunch of leaf handles for my cabinets. Used $20. I installed some of those last night too. I have a few more to do, but they are much nicer than the brass and white ones that were there. Today I am buying a used ice maker for $45. A savings of about $75.



Kali Cat really isn’t doing well. She was better yesterday, she slept all day. She did get a little frisky last night and played some, then we sat on the couch and slept in front of the TV. This morning she has had some pink urine, at least it was a good quantity. It looks as if she had some trouble peeing during the night tho, lots of little clumps. We’ll see what the doc has to say when she goes on Thursday. Maybe there is something else we can give her, the antibiotic doesn’t seem to be doing the trick. She did eat a good breakfast this morning. I gave her some around 3 AM when I was up, and then again around 5 when she was asking for it. She is off sleeping in the corner of the bedroom now. 

I don’t have a lot on the agenda for today. Finish swapping out the knobs, finish taking down the window treatments, take the cardboard and trash to the dumpsters, dinner with all the resort widows at 4 at the Stagecoach Restaurant. I figured out where that was yesterday. Bee offered to pick me up, but I would rather take my own car. BTW, I think I am the youngest person in the park. Hard to believe I am in an old timers community. But there are no kids either, a definite plus.

Well, it is getting late and I need to get showered and dress so I can get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment