Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Things are finally starting to melt

Yep, it was in the 40's and sunny yesterday. My driveway has turned into a mass of ice and water, and will only get worse before it gets better. I will also have water filling the crawl space under the building any time now. It is 54 degrees out there today, but not as sunny and slightly breezy. Reminds me of March in Maine when I was growing up.

I have been letting Kali Cat out daily for a few days now. This morning I finally put her cat door in the window. It consists of two adjustable screens. One has her door in it, the other is covered with plastic and blocks off the rest of the first screen and blocks her door at night or when I want to keep her inside. She will be happy to be able to let herself in and out at whim again.



She immediately goes outside and drinks the nasty driveway water. She has plenty of fresh water in her bowl, yet the puddles and pools are much more appealing to her.


For the first time since she arrived, Ody will be snow free, hopefully by the end of the day. I ordered her extendable scrub brush this morning. I am itching to get out there and give her a good bath. It will still have to wait a week or two, but I will be ready when the time comes. 


This is the driveway. As I said, it will get worse before it gets better.


That is about all I have for today. 






No comments:

Post a Comment