Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Ink

I won a free tattoo back in February from Don's Tats in Brownington. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dons-Tats-Tattoos/192684429211 This is something I have thought about for a number of years, but never did it for a multitude of reasons. One, I could never decide what I wanted, and another, where to place it. Well, winning a free tat finally forced me to make the decision and today I had it done. My appointment was smack dab in the middle of the day, so it kind of ate the whole day. I did get a few other things done before and after, but it really didn't feel like a productive day.

I decided on a dragonfly. Somewhat abstract, a lot different than most. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It is on my left forearm, close to my heart, and in a couple different colors of green. Jake always said the color of love was green. I adopted the dragonfly because of it's meanings when Jake died. Here it is on the first day.


I couldn't find the A&D Cream that was recommended in Island Pond. So I am using coconut oil to keep it soft. I have read good things about it, lets hope it works. I have had a little bit of peeling already. I am hoping that is normal.

It is really kind of strange seeing this ink on my arm. But I am assuming I will get used to it. As for the location, I figured why have a tattoo if you can't see it? I keep looking at it. It is still quite tender. I was pretty proud of myself. Never flinched once and wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be.

Sunday's yard sale was pretty disappointing. I did all of $58. The whole day. Friday was the best day of the three, and I am thinking I will do the same thing this weekend, but shorten the Sunday hours. Sunday will also be the last day. Will donate some stuff to the rummage sale the following weekend, and will try to find someone to come and take the rest off my hands. I will keep some of the more expensive items, shelving and grid wall to sell individually and at my final sale, but the rest has to go. I'm tired of it, and I think people are loosing interest. I want to move on to other things. It is time to wrap it up.

I ordered a gallon of Protect All today. Research indicates this is the best product with the least amount of work to get the job done. The cleaning and polishing of Ody. Planning on doing it in sections since she is much larger than my car, and polishing the car takes way too long. I guess I am not in any hurry, still no closing date.

Well, I guess I should try to get a little more sleep. These interrupted nights are for the birds. I'm hoping some day to be able to sleep thru the night again. It has been a long time since that has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment