I took advantage of the good weather on Monday. I finally got the grill out of the iceberg that was keeping me from using it. Went to Teds and got a little steak and cooked dinner outside for the first time this season.
I also gave Ody her first bath. I already had a couple of inches of water in the driveway and figured a little extra wouldn't hurt. She looks so much better! The difference is visible.
This was basically a first pass. I need to do it again with a little more detail before I seal/wax the finish.
I also drove her for the first time on Monday. After I got done washing her, I took her for a spin around the lake. It wasn't too bad! Keeping in mind that the tires and the brakes need some attention.
Which brings me to another point for Monday. The guy from DG called and says there is some ground contamination next door and they have submitted the info to the State of VT and now have to wait and see what the state wants them to do about it, or who has to do what, etc. So more waiting. I don't know any more than I did before the phone call. It could close in 60 days, six months, or not at all. But I am out of here in the fall whether the building sells or not. I have my new home and am not spending another winter here. If I have to sell my car to be able to afford the trip southwest, that is what I will do. But I am hoping it won't come to that and we will have a closing before it gets cold here again.
I have been sorting and hauling stuff next door every day. All the stuff I brought down from upstairs and put on the porch has been moved next door. I re-sorted the bins that were on the porch and reduced that by half. And today I spent several hours over there unpacking bins and arranging stuff for the sale that starts tomorrow. I'm hoping I sell most everything and I can stop with the yard sales for a while.
I was very good and only brought a few small things back with me. Although, I will have to reduce even more when moving time comes. But I will deal with that when it happens.