Thursday, March 27, 2014

More progress upstairs

I am almost done cleaning out the upstairs. I hope to have it completely empty by Sunday. I'm not pushing myself too hard because I still don't have a closing date, and it still isn't written in stone. It could still fall through at this point. If that is the case, I will probably still leave here, but instead of having a couple dollars in my pockets I would be leaving here broke.

Yesterday was a difficult day for sorting. It was sad and painful as I had to sort through what little stuff of Jake's that I have left to see if I could reduce it down any more without sacrificing something important. Going through all that stuff hurt and brought back both bad and good memories. Sorting through my jewelry boxes I found pieces that he had given me and mean a great deal to me. I did achieve my goal and cut the jewelry by half. I am down to one box instead of two.  Jake's things are packaged up neatly and will be packed away in the rig somewhere when it comes time to move in. In the meantime, all of it will stay in here with me.

Today I sorted through the last of my clothes. My cold weather stuff. My goal with those, since they have a lot more bulk, was to get them down to two bins. I was successful in that, and I got rid of two large garbage bags full of clothes. Yay. :) This does not include coats and jackets, but they will have their own little closet, so I am good there.

Tomorrow's goal is to get my quilts packaged up in space bags. Hopefully that will reduce them considerably. The weather is going to be crap, so I will also go through the Christmas stuff and try to get that down a lot more. I guess the trees will have to go. Space is limited and I refuse to pay for storage. I have two of the six bins I put out in the rig the other day still available, and one of them will be for holidays. Knowing what I will have for storage is making the sorting a bit easier.

I was in a bit of a panic because my passport wasn't where I thought it was. I did find it this afternoon, in the only other place I thought it could be. All this time I thought it was in the tin box with important papers, but in fact it had been stored in the trailer with the rest of my stuff. Now it is safely tucked away in the tin box with the title to Ody and my birth certificate, where it should be.

Only three more days of the Fusion Beads 30 Day Jewelry Challenge. I have to say, I will be happy when it is done. This is the third year I have done this particular challenge and I am happy to see it end each year. Today's piece was to be made from copper. I use a lot of copper, so that wasn't any big deal. Deciding what to make was. I saw a tutorial online this morning that used pre textured wire. I didn't have the texture wire, but I do have texturing hammers and decided to try the ring and make my own textured wire. I'm pretty pleased with the results. It actually looks better on, and I might do this one again.

The next indoor yard sale is going to be April 18, 19, and 20. There will be new things added, prices reduced on older things. Watch for details. I'm anxious to get this downsizing thing wrapped up!

No comments:

Post a Comment