Saturday, March 22, 2014

More snow

We have another winter weather advisory in effect, supposedly six more inches of snow. It hasn't stopped snowing from the storm we had three days ago yet. It isn't doing a whole lot out there today and seems to be running behind schedule, but we had an impressive sunrise this morning.

 

I wish I had a better view, but that will all be changing soon. Still don't know when tho.

This morning I hauled my bed downstairs. With all the issues I have had sleeping, I have been sleeping more in my recliner than I have the bed. Well, the recliner won't fit in Ody and I will have to give it up soon, so I really need to retrain myself to sleep in the bed. Once I fall asleep in the chair and I wake up, by the time I go to the bathroom, get myself upstairs, the blankets situated, the curtains closed, etc., I am wide awake and can't get back to sleep. I am hoping the short one or two steps from the chair to the bed will eliminate that.

Kali Cat is surveying the changes here.


There is another reason I brought the bed downstairs, there isn't much left up there since I started selling stuff, and it just doesn't feel warm and cozy any more. Plus, I need to adapt to a smaller space, one that is even smaller than this one.

I don't have a lot on my agenda for the day. Weekly chores...laundry, litter box, garbage, vacuuming, etc. I have most of them done. The rest of the day I am going to take it easy and maybe get in a nap and some reading. I have done my heavy lifting for the day. :)


2 comments:

  1. Excellent ideas! I really like the way you are slowly adjusting to your smaller space. I read once how a person was readying for a move, they had run a masking tape line across a corner of their living room floor and walls to represent the trailer they were going to rent to haul their belongings. That advanced planning saved them a lot of worry, wondering if things were too tall to fit, how many boxes to get, how much they had to get rid of and on and on. I've also read of people doing this when downsizing, they only use the two or three rooms in their house that will be the square footage of their new tiny house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. Not sure it would work in this situation tho. As I part with more stuff, it is getting easier to consolidate and use a much smaller space. I'm kind of liking it.

    ReplyDelete