Friday, March 14, 2014

Two thirds legal

Woke up to -18F this morning, ugh! I am so ready for this winter to be over. We have some dicey weather coming up in the next few weeks so I wanted to get Ody registered. Got myself showered and dressed and headed off to DMV in Newport. I had hoped the roads had had enough traffic that they would be in pretty good shape, but I was sorely disappointed. The only advantage was the fact that a lot of people weren't  out and about until I hit Derby/Newport. The roads there were an absolute nightmare, that brown slushy, slippery stuff that you can't get a grip on and can't stop if you needed to. Had one little slippy slidy because the car in front of me came to a virtual stop in the middle of the road, on a down hill slope. Thankfully I had it in four wheel drive and only slid a little.


This is what the roads were this morning, it was still below zero, and they weren't a whole lot better on the way back. But it was good to get out and about. Cabin fever has set in and I am tired of being stuck indoors. Got the registration done, a huge chunk of change on the sales tax and title fee, but Ody will be sporting a brand new pair of pretty green VT plates. Hit one of the big grocery stores while I was there, and the dollar store for some carpet cleaner and some of that rubbery shelf liner. I am always amazed at the selection the bigger stores have. Yogurt flavors I didn't even know existed. :)

I still need to get her inspected, but that will have to wait until I can take her out on the road. I will not do my maiden voyage on snow covered roads. I'm already panicking about driving her, add the toad to that, and it scares the crap outta me. But I will manage, just as I do everything else that is worth doing. Gotta "just do it".

Got the cassette deck adapter so I can play my modern appliances thru the cab radio. It isn't the best quality system, but it will do for now. I don't know how much I will use it, so will put off any upgrades until I decide I really do have to have it. I tested that out while I was running the rig to take the chill off. Was an inexpensive mod.



No comments:

Post a Comment