Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don’t know how many trips I made back and forth between the house and Ody, and I have barely made a dent in it. I got the fridge emptied out and the propane turned off, the cupboard over the sink emptied, a few clothes and god knows what else. It was a lot of trips, and I still have a lot to do. I tried to process each load as it came in, and didn’t want to move in more than I could assimilate at one time. Plus, I am filling and refilling bags. This is going to be a long process as it isn't’ like a regular move. Nothing is boxed and labeled. Plus I am cleaning out the things of theirs that I don’t want. I got rid of a chair and the glass table lamp yesterday. I put the glass tulip shade on it and kept the normal shade for the normal floor lamp. They were both gone to the same person by noon. There were three sets of corelle ware, glasses, pots and pans and more. I even found shoes under the bed and three one dollar bills when I finally got in here. 

Kali Cat is out and about. She even checked out the crate I setup outside the sliding door. I may turn it around so it sits on the step better, but will wait until I can do the top that fills in the gap and do it all at once. Although, if I get a taker for the bed, I will have to move it sooner anyway. I ordered a new mattress and frame this morning, just like the twin beds I had in IP. This one is way too soft, way too heavy, and I can’t move it to clean under it. I want to clean the carpet while the bed is out. There is a funky chemical like smell in there that hasn’t gone away yet, and the rug is nasty under the bed I can’t move. I’m also going to replace the recliner. It doesn’t stay reclined. It also swivels and rocks, which is just a pain in the ass. It was probably really nice when it was new, but I don’t like it, it isn’t working for me. I lay down for a nap and some quality snuggle time with Kali Cat, and the next thing I know, I am upright. I’m gonna hurt myself trying to make it stay. So at some point next week, I need to find a furniture store. After I have finished cleaning out Ody.

I did go out midday-ish. Went to the post office, hadn’t been all week, then got some new keys made as I only got one set from Carolyn. And I took a load of garbage to the dumpsters. Of course, when I got back, I found another set of keys. Go figure. But that is OK, the new ones I had made are different colors so I can tell the back door from the sliding door. Then I spent about an hour sorting and reorganizing keys. I have a LOT of keys. Reduced the number of keys on my ring a little and Ody and the tracker keys are no longer on it. Just the car, post office, and house. The scooter has it’s own ring with the shed, house and scooter keys. I should get a couple more shed keys made, I only have the one.

At the end of the day I did a load of laundry and got that out on the line. Made a frittata for dinner. Got dinner a little earlier. I was exhausted. I also went to Dollar General while I was out, needed a few things. A second pillow for the bed, coffee creamer, and bought myself two $3 bunches of daisy poms for a house warming and valentines. There is a dinner at 4 this afternoon around the corner at the cafe for the residents here, not sure if I am going. I got four hours sleep last night, andI have a lot to do today. Even if I don’t get Ody emptied out today, I am going to take tomorrow off and start back on it on Monday. But I will do as much as I can. Not everything is going in the house. There are things I got specifically for traveling, so I am also sorting as I go and will set that stuff aside for the new rig when I get it. I think the scooter is going to have to come out of the shed today so I can start putting other stuff in there. I might even pot up my geraniums today. I have the soil and the pots. I also need to do another load of laundry. Guess I need to buy at least one more pair of shorts, possibly two. I would wear my stretchy ones today if I could find them as I need to wash the pair I had on yesterday.

I moved the litter box. I decided I didn’t want to have to crawl under the table twice a day, so now it is over in the corner beside the couch. Much easier for me, and without the chair behind the table, I pushed it closer to the window and made more floor space.

It is funny watching her on the bed with the wall sized mirror. She stares at it, then looks at me, then back at the mirror. I think she thought there were two of us. She will get used to it eventually.

I had hoped to get an earlier start this morning, but it isn’t looking promising. I crashed about 8:30 and was up at 12:30, and pretty much have been up since. I got a bunch of dishes washed and some other stuff hung and put away, so I am ready to start transferring again this morning. But I want to get a shower first. I am going to have to get a low flow shower head as this one blasts out the whole 20 gallons of hot water way too fast and I don’t have time to wash and condition my hair. Although it has great water pressure. At camp, I did a complete shower with five gallons of water. I have no idea how many gallons here, but at least 20 since the water went cold. That is not acceptable.

Off for another day of moving..Happy Valentine’s Day!


  1. Happy Valentine's Day! I'm glad to hear you and Kali have found a home. I'm sure it's a lot of work getting everything the way you want it but I hope you both will be very happy there.

  2. Yes, the whole thing is going much slower than I had expected. I don't know how I crammed so much stuff into such a tiny rig, but I did. Will have that part of it done sometime this week, then I can get her cleaned up and ready for sale. It feels wonderful to be in a real place again. Kali Cat thinks so too. :)