Friday, February 13, 2015

We're in!

Lotsa changes in a very short time. I got the call for the house around three PM. Went and got the keys, came back and packed up the rig and headed out. Connie and Bob drove my car over, Jay and Jane following. They checked the place out and then went off to dinner. I would have liked to have gone, but had way too much to do.

Poor Kali Cat had about as miserable a day as she could have had. She managed to find the eight square inches in the rig that I hadn’t covered with pee pads to have explosive diarrhea on the way here. I got that cleaned up, her and her stuff moved in, and she went and hid under the bed. She finally came out around 3 AM this morning. We had some food, some lap time and an extended purr. I think she figured out I wasn’t leaving her. Now she is snoozing in the shower. She is starting to act like herself again. And yes, she did pee on the bedroom carpet. I need to put some neutralizer on that.

I got a fair amount done yesterday considering how tired I was and how late in the day it was. I got enough stuff in to get a shower, make dinner, get the bed made up, and my coffee maker. Ran a few cups of plain water thru that as it had been sitting since I left Yuma. I have even had several cups of coffee by now. So much easier than manual drip coffee and a cone filter. But, I do have to say, I think I like the folgers coffee better. Oh well.

I still have a lot to do to get moved in and Ody unloaded. I hope to be able to get her tanks dumped and moved over to the RV parking area by Sunday sometime. Plus, be fairly well enough organized that I feel like I can take the day off. 

I used my new little toaster/convection oven to fix my dinner last night. I didn’t have a lot to choose from, and need to go to Blythe and buy groceries. But that will have to wait a few days.

I brought in the british mystery DVD’s that I bought at a yard sale so I would have something to watch last night, but only made it thru about half of it. I need to see about getting a TV antenna so I can bring in the free channels. I will try my little panel antenna first, if that doesn’t work, will have to go with something bigger. 

The bed is really soft. I may have to replace the mattress, but will try to live with it for now. It was just me on the bed last night, KC didn’t feel safe enough to come join me. She is getting herself cleaned up, so we are definitely making progress.

Got the new red cheapie sheets on the couch and the recliner. I really like the color. Can’t wait to get the extra chair out, I think it is going today. Plus the butt ugly lamp shade that was on one of the lamps, and the glass table lamp must go too. I took the shade off that one and put it on the plain lamp base, much better. I may spray the whole thing black. My colors are going to be mainly red with black accents and bright mix of colors.

Rigged up Kali Cat’s crate in front of the sliding door, so she can go out a little. She won’t be able to run free, but will be able to get some fresh air. For now, this is temporary until I have time to create something better. Just need something to block the opening above the crate.

Got the hose working and her kitty carrier hosed down, and the litter mat that she barfed on is clean now too. The hose gave me some trouble, but we got it figured out. And displaced the spider that was living in the spigot. Ugh! At least it was outdoors. 

I got the water filter that I got at last Sunday’s trade blanket hooked up and working last night, and a bunch of other things. Slowly making progress. I just hauled the white chair out, and the lamp and shade. Glad to have them out of here.


  1. Glad you finally got into the house. It's always so hard (but fun) to get a new place ready to live in. There are lots of treasures in garage and estate sales so have fun shopping!

  2. Yeah, it is a lot of work. But it is getting done, slowly. Yard sales are year round here and I plan on starting next week. :) I love yard sales.