Wednesday, February 25, 2015

More meds

Well the trip to the vet, even tho we had to drive less than a mile this time, was the usual poop and puke fest. I even remembered to bring a clean pee pad to change the carrier while the vet was looking at her. and she pooped on that one too. She was feeling much better until I put her in the carrier to take her to the vet. But according to him, the tumor hasn’t grown since he saw her last, and to keep her on the antibiotics to prevent infection. I asked him for an anti inflammatory, and he gave her prednisone. So now, she is getting three meds a day. But so far, I have managed to get her to eat her tuna which has meds in it, and then the third one goes in her food. She is being fussy this morning tho and hasn’t finished either, yet is asking for more. 


There are little clots of blood in the litter box, so her condition isn’t good. I don’t know how long this reprieve will last, but I will take what I can get.

After bringing her back and giving her some tuna, I left her alone and went and did some shopping. I stopped at Salvation Army hoping that curtain for the sliding door was still there, but it was gone. Oh well. You gotta buy it when you see it. I did get a little bookend stand thingy for my cookbooks and a plastic fish plate. Not a lot. I very rarely walk out of there with empty hands. From there I went to Dollar General, got what I needed there. They only had one small container of cat litter, so I grabbed a bag of cheap non clumping litter to supplement it. Will have to check back the next time I go by. We are going thru a lot of cat litter. 

I went to one of the vendors down on the “strip” looking for folding tables. I ended up getting a set of legs for $12, now all I have to do is find a makeshift top. I may just use the box my solar panel came in, it is quite large and sturdy. That is now my spray painting box.

I have discovered smoked pork chops. Yum! They are so good. I went to the market and bought a couple of those, some burger, a few veggies, and some ground pork. Came back and cooked some quinoa and put a beef stew in the crock pot. Of course, since I didn’t get the crockpot going until after 1, it wasn’t ready for dinner last night. I will have it tonight instead. I am also going to make some meatballs with the ground pork and quinoa to put in the freezer. I haven’t made those since I was in VT. This is also my first beef stew since then.

It has been cold here, relatively speaking. I have worn long pants and layers for two days now and will probably have to again today. At least the wind has finally stopped. I just ran a channel scan on the TV and it is back up to 17 even tho several of them won’t stay. Chad and SusAnn are back and he is going to adjust the antenna for me today.

Leslie, a fellow new englander, brought over a little ceramic mexican frog to go with my fountain. And some pee pads for Kali Cat. A little housewarming gift. :) That was very nice of her.



Today, I guess I am going to have to deal with Ody. At least get her tanks drained and flushed. Then maybe tomorrow, I will get her cleaned. Unless I get a burst of energy today. I really need to get that done. I did get some cleaner/deodorizer for the tanks yesterday, plus some baking soda for the fridge. I have to remember to clean the inside of the fridge and the microwave, which means I will have to run the generator.

Well, I guess that is about it for this morning. I need to get some breakfast before the day gets started. 

I have been trying to figure out what to do about the sliding door and the curtain issues. I think I am going to go with a vertical blind on the door for privacy, although there were some sliding panels I really liked, but they were translucent, so I guess that won't work. And then I will get some inexpensive blackout curtains for the door and the two side panels on the front windows and the side window. I don't want to spend a lot because they are curtains! My tastes change, and so do my curtains.




No comments:

Post a Comment