Friday, March 27, 2015

Fences and fruit

One and quarter miles yesterday morning. A little later and a little warmer than I would have liked, so I took my water bottle with me. Went to the post office and salvation army after I finished my walk. My solar lights were at the post office and I wanted them so I could finish the chandelier. I did pretty good at Sal’s too. Got a metal firewood holder for the chiminea, a big bowl that I am going to use as a bird bath, a couple of picture frames, a pair of denim shorts and three rubbermaid coffee mugs. Two of the mugs will go in the new rig, and the third will be used for my Monday morning coffee. I have been using their foam cups but most people bring their own. I didn’t want to bring one of my red mugs because I was afraid I would drop it and break it. Now I have one I can use. They are blue, not my favorite color, but I can live with it.


I had to cut the stems off the bottom of the solar lights so they would fit in the chandelier cups, got that done and the light bases liquid nailed into the cups. Let that setup for a while and went on to the reed fence. 




I ended up putting up both sections, wish I had ordered at least one more, but will manage with the two. They look OK. It isn’t permanent, and I am considering options for the next time. The reed fence probably isn’t going to hold up very long because it is basically out in the open with the sun and wind without any support.


By the time I got all that done, it was after 1 and hot. That pretty much wrapped up the day. I did have someone come look at Ody, but it wasn’t big enough for the two of them. They liked her tho. Asked them to spread the word.


Today I am going to move the pole that has the old chandelier on it. Will hang the old chandelier at the other end of the patio and will hang the hummer feeder off the edge of the roof too and remove that pole completely. Will have to find a spot for my little chimes, but that is minor. Have been considering the reed fence and the shade sail, and assuming the reed doesn’t last, I just ordered two more sails on eBay. I will save one as a replacement, or use it if the colors don’t match and save the old one, but will attach one in the opposite direction from the fence so it will block the view of the 5th wheel next door, and add shade to the yard. An inexpensive solution. Cheaper than a new reed fence. I will just cut that fence down so that it still covers the chain link. Also  much cheaper than having a wall built or a fence installed. I can live with it


I got a huge bag of grapefruit and a bag of oranges yesterday. Carrol, one of my neighbors was going somewhere and she was telling me about them. For ten bucks I got 35 oranges and 20 grapefruit. She was nice enough to pick them up for me. I have already had one of each. They aren’t quite as good as the ones I got a little while back, but the season has passed and I’m lucky to get them.



I just ordered the tool chest for the workshop and a work bench for the patio so I can work outside when the shed gets too warm. It will also serve as a potting bench and whatever else I will need it for. I will have to find a new spot for the scooter tho. 

Kali Cat had a restful day yesterday. Good output in the litter box. I’ll take it. :) She came in the bedroom again last night for some snuggling which she hasn’t done other than once or twice since we moved in here. And she was bugging me for food at 3:30 this morning.

Today’s agenda is digging a hole and getting the new bird/bunny bath setup, moving the chandelier and hummer feeder, solar for the shed, and a few other smaller projects. It is going to be hot so I don’t know how much I will get done. And laundry...

Well, gotta walk this morning so I am going to get going. I picked up a smaller stainless steel water bottle at Sal’s yesterday, this one has a wide enough mouth that I can put ice in it. Not quite as small as I wanted, but we will see how it works out. Think I will walk the park this morning instead of the bigger blocks. Much prettier. 

2 comments: