Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Kali Cat is doing OK

The trip to the vet was ok. Kali Cat howled the whole time, and did mess in the carrier, but not as bad as in the past. While I was there, I inquired about cremation, urns, costs, etc. It is something I have to think about and be prepared for. Their urn prices are absolutely outrageous. A simple little tin with paw prints on it, $190. WTF?! No way am I paying that. She can come home in a plastic bag and I will find my own container. In fact, I looked online and found a nice one that matches Jake’s for less than $60 plus engraving. When the time comes, I will order this one…

This one at the vet’s would be about $250.

The vet says she is doing better. We are keeping her on one prednisone a day for now. We don’t have to go back for about three weeks. Yay. It is getting pretty expensive. I had to buy more food yesterday too, and that stuff isn’t cheap. And I have to throw out at least half of it every day since she won’t eat it once it has been down for a while. She has learned that when she howls, I jump. 

I didn’t do a whole lot yesterday, cooked up a few things, made some sun tea, put the damaged coffee table top on my adjustable table base since the original one got wet and ruined. Updated one of the snowmobile websites, and read a book. Upper 80’s again yesterday.

Today is the last farmers market of the season. I am going to miss it when it is gone. But the produce in the markets here is half decent, so it should be fine. Plus, hopefully, I will be growing my own leafy greens soon. Thinking I might finally make a trip to Bouse. A small town about 25 miles away. That was next on my list of things to do. We’ll see how the day progresses.

I don’t have much else to write about this morning. Now that I am somewhat settled, it is pretty uneventful. I closed up the house early yesterday and it stayed in the 70’s inside most of the day. I did turn on the AC for about an hour before the sun went down. Made a frittata for dinner as I need to use up some eggs. Might do laundry today or blow it off until tomorrow. But I am not missing the last farmer’s market.


  1. Glad to hear that Kali is holding her own. Things sound like ur settling in pretty well... I'm happy for you :)

  2. Thanks Darrel. For now, she is doing OK. I don't know how long it will last, but I will take what I can get. :) Yes, getting settled in. It is one of the nicest places I have lived in a long time. :) And nothing like living in an RV for six months to make you appreciate the simple things, full time electricity, running water, HOT water.... :) and a toilet that you don't have to empty.