Friday, March 6, 2015

The start of a cactus garden

Pretty productive day yesterday. I loaded up all the branches and leaves from the pruned grapefruit, pulled the weeds in the back and hauled it all to the landfill. My car will never be the same, lots of little bits and pieces in it, which is why I didn’t want to do it, but it is done. No more waiting for my neighbor to haul it off. It had been sitting there about two weeks. I was tired of looking at it, and I needed the space for my car because of the yard sale today.

I borrowed a table from Chad, out back, and got all the stuff hauled off the patio and set out. Got my tables setup for my jewelry. That will all be put out on display this morning. Did laundry, walked and even got a scooter ride in. I didn’t think and should have taken my trash to the dumpster, so I went out on a second run with the scooter. I really do think I am going to remove the little trunk and put a milk crate on the back for hauling stuff. Right now I have to put the bag where my feet are supposed to go. I’m getting better with the scooter. Braking, taking off, etc. 

While I was at the landfill, I saw a prickly pear cactus paddle just lying on the ground. I rescued it and looked around and found four more types of cactus and rescued them too. Little pieces. Brought them back and stuck them in the ground near my fountain and have the beginnings of a desert cactus garden. :) Free. I plan to go back and see if there are more at some point. Would really like to get an agave or two. There supposedly is a back way in to the landfill, I need to find that.



Kali Cat is still having trouble peeing, but she isn’t crying and peeing in random locations. I haven’t had to put her in the bathroom since the other day. It comes and goes. I’m grateful she doesn’t seem to be hurting much. She is eating well, and lets me know without any doubt when she thinks it is time to eat. Is also eating her grass which gets her outside for a few minutes. And we get lap time in the new chair.

Speaking of the new chair, I don’t know how long I will keep it. It is more worn than I had originally thought, and is really way too big for the room. I’m thinking I will look for a new one once KC has gone. But for now, it is serving it’s purpose, kitty lap time, and is quite comfy as long as I am not sleeping in it. Which I seem to do when I am watching TV. I end up with a crick in my neck because it doesn’t go back any further and my head just falls forward or to the side. Ouch.

My knee is bothering me again. I think part of it is the long pants I have been wearing since it has been chilly. They pull on my kneecap when I sit, and that irritates whatever is wrong with my knee. Plus, I haven’t walked in a while, so that doesn’t help either. I may have to start wearing the knee strap again for a while. It holds the kneecap in place and allows it to heal.

I’m hoping I sell some stuff today. Either way, I will be making a trip to the Salvation Army. It would be nice if some of my jewelry sold, but I don’t have high hopes. I looked up the jewelry challenge calendar this morning. I have a few days to catch up on, and am hoping if I start, I get motivated and get some sale-able stuff made. My disc cutters should be here, probably at the post office, and I will be ordering the rolling mill in the near future. It’s pricey and quite heavy, which is why I haven’t ordered it yet. I’m not 100 percent sure it will do what I need it to do either, so I am hesitant. But I won’t know until I try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment