Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St Patricks Day

Was pretty warm yesterday, so I didn’t do a whole lot past 11 AM. I remembered the clubhouse Monday morning coffee meet just as I was getting ready to go for my walk, so I did that first. Then I walked the neighborhood getting in my mile. Hoping to start earlier this morning and getting that done while it is still cool. I spend as much time outdoors as I can hoping to get somewhat acclimated. Thankfully my patio is on the east side, and after noon, the whole thing is in the shade.

I had wanted to go to the garden club meeting at 4:30, but that is a bad time of day for me. That is when KC is getting her dinner, and it was over 90 degrees, so I ended up not going. It would have been good since the topic was growing citrus trees. Maybe next month.

Kali Cat seemed to get better as the day went on, but this morning she peed in the shower. So I am keeping a close eye on her again. I don’t know how much longer we can do this, it isn’t good for either of us. For now, she has settled under the table, one of her favorite spots. She doesn’t spend much time in the bedroom any more, which is a good thing. I like having her out where I can keep an eye on her.

This morning I need to go to the hardware store. My new light fixture came yesterday, but I need a longer chain. The one that came with it is only about three feet, and I need double that. It is much bigger than I expected, but I think it will look nice when I get it installed. Again, was too warm to do much of anything in the afternoon yesterday, so I want to get that done this morning. I have the AC set at 80, which is pretty much where it will stay. I have gradually moved it up from the mid 70’s to keep it from coming on too often.

This afternoon there is an ice cream social at 3, and then at 4 a bunch of residents are going to the Quail Run Cafe for corned beef and cabbage. I want to go to that as well. The cafe is just around the corner, so I should be able to do both. I can’t have the ice cream, but I can do the social part of it. Thinking of taking the scooter. It will be too warm to walk.

Well, if I am going to get an early walk, I need to get in the shower and get dressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment