Thursday, March 19, 2015

A better start to the day

Kali Cat was much better by 10 AM yesterday, so no trip to the vet and it wasn’t “the” day. Thankfully. This morning she seems to be quite happy. We had some lovins on the floor a little while ago and she was purring and offering her belly. 

Yesterday was another productive day in spite of the bad start. I didn’t get to walk, it was hot and humid by the time I managed to get showered and dressed, and by the time it cooled off at the end of the day we were getting thunderstorms which have turned into rain. The temps are in the 60’s and it is only supposed to get in the 70’s today. A nice little break. It is supposed to clear off by mid day and I can walk then. I still haven’t gotten my rain gauge out, so I don’t know how much rain we got. Figured there wasn’t any rush. Oops..At least the rain should have washed all the bird poop off the cars. The tracker was especially bad as I had it parked near the eucalyptus tree. Mourning doves poop a LOT!

I got the shelves for the laundry area up. I got lucky, got studs on all eight screws so I didn’t have to use the sheetrock anchors and I don’t have to worry about the shelves coming down. They look pretty good if I do say so myself. Although I need to get some paint or something to cover the screws. I ended up having to use deck screws as the ones that came with the shelves kept stripping out. The shelves are perfect for that spot. 


I also did two loads of laundry and got them hung out, went and got a few groceries which included some more smoked pork chops (I love those things!), and hit the Salvation Army on the way back. Yesterday’s find was a home made bird feeder and a red plastic charger plate that I put under the plate I got at a yard sale last week. 



I finished putting together the chiminea too. 


I wasn’t sure about the laundry, it was cloudy and a 20% chance of rain, but they got washed, dried and put away before the water fell from the sky. Even dealt with all the cardboard from my deliveries and got rid of the garbage.

I have two blossoms on the grapefruit tree! That means two grapefruit…with any luck. I am still hoping for more.


I think I am going to have to replace the controller for the irrigation system because it is letting water through and I don’t imagine constant wet is good for the tree. I should probably replace the whole system. I have calcium deposits showing up in the yard which probably means the line is leaking. I would like to get some more crushed rock for the yard too, there are places where it is pretty thin, and it should be built up around the shed walk before I twist an ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment