Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bad night

This morning I am a bit cranky. Had a bad night sleeping, KC had a so so day yesterday, so I am watching her like a hawk, and that gets really old. I’m feeling the need to get out of here for a while. She is a little better this morning, but still having trouble. She isn’t crying tho. Thinking if I do go somewhere, I am going to put her and her gear in the bathroom. I hate to leave her, but I am also hating being stuck here and watching her every second of the day. I’m also cleaning the litter box out many times a day, keeping an eye on things.

I did get dressed, sans shower, and went to the farmers market, the post office and the salvation army. Found a recliner I liked. Bought it and then had to come get the big car as I had taken the tracker. The thing is huge, but the price was right and it is quite comfortable. It doesn’t go all the way back tho, so I don’t know how well it will do for sleeping. It’s good enough for now. I canceled the one I ordered since it hadn’t even shipped yet.


Sure enough, once I got myself settled in the recliner, I got some kitty lap time. That is the only time she will sit in my lap and we haven't had a recliner in over six months. Nice treat for both of us.


Howard and some friends of theirs from VT stopped in for a little while yesterday. Was nice to have company, however brief.

Tomorrow is the park wide yard sale. I need to get ready for that today. I still haven’t figured out what I am going to use for a table, maybe Chad has a piece of plywood I can borrow. The prunings from the grapefruit tree are still sitting in the yard. Dave said he would pick them up, that was almost two weeks ago. I guess I am going to have to load them in the car and find out where the landfill is. I’m tired of looking at them, just as I am tired of the pile of stuff sitting on the patio. Whatever doesn’t sell is going to immediately be loaded in the car and taken to the Salvation Army.

I don’t have much else this morning. The nights have been in the lower 40’s and the days in the lower 60’s, not exactly warm. Cold breeze in the shade, which is where the majority of the patio is. But I’m sure I will be grateful for that soon enough. Still long pants and covered toes weather.

I would like to get some sort of desert garden started, just haven’t gotten to it yet. I do have two tiny cactus along the front fence that I can start with. And there is a baby agave up the road outside someone’s fence that I might try to rescue. That would be a good start. My geraniums are doing well so far. The bunnies have left them alone. Guess they aren’t very tasty. This is a good thing.

I haven’t had any online interest in Ody, so I need to do up some posters to put down town. It is on my list of things to do.

Kali Cat spent a few minutes outside yesterday. The grass is what draws her, but she actually stopped and looked around for a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment