Sunday, March 22, 2015

Another bad morning for KC

Another bad morning for Kali Cat. She has blood in her stool now too. My guess is that her mass has metastasized. She is still in the bathroom at the moment, but the spell seems to have passed thankfully and she is resting now. I will check on her again in a little while. This is so much like taking care of Jake in his last weeks. :( Similar issues. But at least he could tell me what was wrong. I hadn’t planned on doing laundry, but Kali Cat got up on the back of the couch and and had an accident on my cow pattern throw, and also got some on the couch cover, so those are all washed and hung out to dry. I haven’t been able to find any spots on the carpet, so I think we are good on that for now. This sucks so very much. I hate seeing her in pain, but when she isn’t, she is herself. She hasn’t lost massive amounts of weight, is eating, still has all her faculties, and is still Kali Cat. I’m still hoping she will just go to sleep and not wake up. She is getting extra loving. Can’t leave her for more than an hour or so at a time and I am constantly checking on her, checking her box, it is a full time job. 

So far the birds at the feeders consist of mourning doves and finches. Nothing unusual. There is a woodpecker across the street that I haven’t managed to get a picture of yet. I’m hoping there are other birds native to the area that I haven’t seen yet.

I didn’t do much of anything yesterday. Took the garbage to the dumpster with the scooter, visited with one of my neighbors for a little while on the way back, read, walked, and that was about it. We hit 93ish in the shade yesterday. I stayed out most of that time. Trying to get acclimated. It isn’t too bad if you aren’t moving around a lot. The house stays fairly comfortable until mid to late afternoon, then the AC kicks in. Once the sun goes down, normally it cools off fairly quickly. Last night was a little slower so I didn’t get to open the windows until bed time.

I slept in until 4:30 this morning. Went to bed around 10:30 after snoozing in the chair in front of the TV. So a decent night considering.

Nothing on the agenda for today. Spend some time with Kali Cat, get in a walk if I can get myself moving before it warms up (doubtful), and that is about it. I can’t leave her for any length of time, so I can’t do anything or make any plans. So I guess it will be more reading.

Just spent some time looking for something to cover the chain link fence with. I think I am going to go with reed fencing. Seems to be the least expensive and easiest to install. Two rolls should cover that whole side. Then I won’t have to look at the fence, the old red truck and the fifth wheel next door, and should be good for taking photos. As a temporary measure.


No comments:

Post a Comment