Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Just another day....

Not much new here. Got in a 1 mile walk, puttered around, cleaned house, and went to dinner with Georgia. Another new restaurant. So far, every time I have eaten out, it has been a different restaurant. There are still some I haven’t been to yet. We went to the Grubstake and it was OK. I had the fish and chips. Not a lot of flavor and the fries were spiced. So far I have not been impressed by any of the restaurants here in Q.

I tried out my rolling mill finally. I used a couple of screws to somewhat secure it to the bench, I will need to bolt it down to be able to really use it tho. That is one of the reasons I haven’t tried it up til now. Watching the video on youtube really helped. I flattened a piece of copper wire and I guess I am going to make some rings out of it. Will try braising them instead of soldering. I also straightened out the work bench itself, but I am thinking I need to get a tool chest. I’m having problems finding tools and putting them back when I am done. Not quite sure where to put them, so I have just been putting them on the bench, which creates a mess, and I still can’t find them when I need them. I have found one online I might order, but am going to sit on it for a couple of days. They aren’t cheap. But it certainly would go a long way towards organizing the workshop. Never had room for one before and tool storage is always an issue. I bought a couple of plastic storage boxes, but they just aren’t big enough for my tools.

Took the little trunk off the scooter yesterday and put a milk crate on the back. It looks so much cooler with the trunk, but the crate is much more useful. Dropped my bag of garbage in and took it to the dumpsters. Went around the block a couple of times while I was at it. 

Kali Cat woke me up around 2:30 this morning. :( I did fall asleep in front of the TV last night, so I guess I can’t complain too much. Got up and went to bed a little after 9. No nap yesterday. She had an OK day, slept thru it. So far, so good this morning. She, of course, turned up her nose at the very expensive food again, so I mixed it with some of the Wellness canned food I still have left and she ate most of it. At this point, I guess it doesn’t really matter what she eats, as long as she eats.

The reed fencing is supposed to be here today. Looking forward to that. Shouldn’t be too hard to put up. Wondering how well it will hold up to wind and rain. Monsoon season is coming. It isn’t expensive, so if I have to replace it, it won’t be too bad. I will keep my eyes open for some real fencing tho.

Today is chore day. But I cleaned yesterday, and did a load of laundry on Sunday, so I don’t need to do either of those. I do need to go to the post office, and should go to the store. But other than the post office, nothing necessary on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment