Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Who knew I could do this?

A year ago Christmas I was gifted with a set of acrylic paints, brushes and canvases. I finally got around to opening the paints and giving it a go after being invited to the twice weekly painting group. I have been having fun with it. Discovering my weaknesses and my strengths. There are a couple that I really like, and some not so much. Here they are in order of completion. Remember, I am a complete newbie, so I am pretty pleased with my efforts. All paintings are available either as an original or a print at a reasonable price. Reply below if there is something that catches your eye.

My very first painting.

 5x7 Koi

9x12 Antique Truck (Not one of my better ones IMHO)

8x10 Geraniums

 5x7 Bee and Thistle

Lavender

Pair of 3x3 canvases

5x7 Sheep

5x7 Emerging Snowdrop

9x12 Wildflowers

9x12 Lilacs

8x10 Outhouse from IP VT

5x7 Bunny

The outhouse painting is out of sequence, but it is my favorite so far. It is not for sale. The painting is from a photo taken in my front yard in Vermont. It has significant emotional memories. I would be willing to do a print tho, any size up to 8x10.

Painting group is done for the season, but I hope to continue and improve my work through the long, very hot summer here in AZ. I will try to remember to post them as I complete them. 

Here is one I did in alcohol inks last summer. I have had this one printed on canvas several times and it has come out well each time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment