Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Still not done sorting.

Went to sleep early, the TV crapped out on me again. There was no sunshine today, so my little solar gen was struggling. There wasn’t anything on TV anyway, I was tired after working most of the day, and it was dark, so I went to bed. Now I am up, and have been up since about 1. I sleep about five hours, and that is it, I’m up and going. 

I did about a mile and a half walk yesterday, again. I had planned on doing a little less because of my knees, but the route I took was a little longer than anticipated. When I got back, I dug into sorting the last of the storage that needed sorting. I spent a good part of the day working on that. I have made some room, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t going to be enough. My kayak takes up a lot of space. I may have to find a new spot for that, just not sure where.

My heater shipped out via USPS yesterday. Yay. :) I should have that by the beginning of the week. Hopefully it isn’t too big. Space is a real issue here.

Kali Cat just went nuts. There must be something outside. She chirped and ran to the door then back to the bed and has been looking out the window about five minutes now. Not sure what was outside, but it seems to be gone. It was nice of her to let me know. She slept thru the fox and the coyote the other day. 

One of the things I did yesterday was remove the light fixture on the storage bunk. It allowed me to use an extra couple of inches of space on that top shelf, and I don’t have to worry about that light getting turned on by accident. And I decided not to let that wiring go to waste. I grabbed one of my quick disconnect 12v outlets and wired that in to the system instead. So I now have a hard wired 12v outlet next to the fridge. I can put my 25ft extension on it if I need to. It will be quite handy. It runs off the house battery and not the engine battery. The only other 12v outlet I have runs off the engine battery, which is weak, so I am avoiding using that. I do have one on the little solar gen, but if there is no sun, there is no power.

We aren’t supposed to see any sun for another couple of days. We even got a little bit of rain yesterday. That started about the time I was wrapping up work for the day. I managed to get a tarp over everything in the screen house.  I ran the generator for a while to try and charge up my solar gen, and I used my oven again to cook my fish. I had the rest of my squash and some brussel sprouts with it. 

Today is the farmers market. I am going to take my laundry with me and get that done. I had planned on taking a shower this morning, but my tank is full. I might try it anyway. The worst that should happen is that the shower won’t drain. I really need to wash my hair. And since I have to be frugal with my water usage, it won’t be all that much water. I also need to take the time and try to find out where my leak is before I take Ody over and drain and fill. Maybe I can get that done this afternoon after I finish with the laundry. I have to take one of the benches apart to get to it. I really want to get the downsizing project done. It feels like I have been working on that since I got here. I don’t like having the unorganized pile in the screen house, it is bugging me, and I can’t use the screen house with all that stuff in there. Since I have been running the generator twice a day, I will most likely have to take her into town and gas her up before the week is out too, so I might as well do it all in one trip if I can. I’m going to have to prep her for travel, secure stuff, etc. I have been living here a week and there is lots of unsecured stuff. It doesn’t take long.

Hoping to get all the Christmas stuff sorted, wrapped and sent out next week. I don’t think I am going to get it done this week. I still need to deal with all the stuff in the screen house first. Plus I need to do a few cards. I guess that will have to be my priority next week. I want to get it done so I don’t have to worry about it. I usually have it all pulled together by now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment