Saturday, December 13, 2014

Not the best weather.

Yesterday was kind of a waste. I never did get my walk. I headed to town to go to the post office and get my camera and to gas up the car. Then I drove around and figured out how to get to Q mountain. It is off Q Mountain Avenue, go figure. :) Anyway, by the time I got back, the wind was picking up and there was rain in the forecast. So I spent the next little while binning things in the screen house and covering everything with the tarp, as the screen house isn’t water proof. We had gusty winds up to 25mph for pretty much the rest of the day. I was a little concerned about the screen house, but it held up. Although I will have to tighten the guy ropes this morning. 

There was blowing dirt and dust, so I spent the rest of the day inside reading. There wasn’t any sun yesterday, so my solar didn’t charge up very well, but there was enough to watch some TV. I did fall asleep watching TV and when I woke, the solar had crapped out and the TV was off, so I went to bed.

I have my little butane heater going this morning. It is cold in here. I also have a candle burning for a little extra heat. My propane gauge has dropped considerably since a day or two ago. Not sure why. The only thing using it is the fridge and it should last a while. I will have to go out and check the gauge on the tank. It is possible my interior gauge is wrong. The tank gauges are always wrong. I really don’t want to have to move Ody any time soon.

I didn’t get to ride the scooter yesterday as the weather was pretty crappy. So far, it was the worst day since I have been here. Just way too windy to be out and about. Hoping I get a chance today. Will need to air up the tires first tho. I will have to run an extension cord out to the screen house so the scooter charges when I run the generator in the morning.

So far I am very happy with the new camera. Took a few test shots yesterday and it works just fine. I’m using the lens that came with it as it is the same as the one I have in the camera bag. The only thing it didn’t have was a lens cap and I had a spare one in the camera bag. The lady left the memory card in the camera and it has over 900 photos on it. I will have to let her know. See if she wants them.

This morning I will have to straighten the bird feeder pole, tighten the screen house ropes and put things back where they should be because of the wind yesterday. I picked up a solar motion sensor light while I was in town and hung that on the road side of Ody. Now if there is anything out there, the lights should come on. I had no light on that side of the rig. After I get all that done, and my walk, I will probably take the scooter out. Thinking of grabbing my cameras and heading back to where I was earlier in the week. I don't want to go too far because I don't know how long the battery will last. It will be trial and error for a little while. I did not install the pedals, but have them just in case I need them.

I missed a chance to sell the bike I guess. Since it was so windy yesterday, I didn’t have it out, and the people never contacted me, just drove around looking for it. Of course, since it wasn't out, they didn't see it. Oh well. I don’t know if they will come back or not. It would be nice to get that sold.

That is about all I have this morning. I think I am going to go back to bed and see if I can get another hour of sleep. KC has been bugging me for her breakfast, but it is way too early. If I feed her breakfast now, she will want dinner early too. The whole schedule will be screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment