Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Trails and Tyson Wash LTVA

I got all the shipping labels printed up, packages are waiting in the car to go to the post office. Was kind of interesting, I had to print them to pdf, then switch over to a different router so I could actually print them on my printer. I guess at some point I will have to see if I can connect the printer directly to the wifi modem…that would make things  a little easier. I’m going to have to see how to get into the printer again to change it’s wireless connection. Or, I could just hook up a USB cable and do it that way, but I already have way too many wires and cords around here, they drive me crazy.

I got the two big folding chairs sold. The people were very happy with them. I hated to part with them, but they are a pain in the ass to keep moving around and took up too much room in my limited space. A small infusion into my cash and a few less pounds to haul around. It will help. Gotta get some more stuff sold tho

Once that was done, I went across the street to Tyson Wash where the hills are with all the trails. Inquired at the gate house, then drove around a little. It is different over there. I went in at Tyson Wash LTVA and exited at La Posa West LTVA just this side of town. I may go there next year if I come back. I like the spot I have here, so I won’t be moving any time soon. I got directions to get to Q mountain, it has a trail and a flag at the top. I’m thinking Friday I will see if I can conquer it. Walking and hiking are two completely different things, but I have been walking for a while now, I should be able to do a short hike, and it will only be hard on the way up. To get to some of them you need an ATV. I might try my scooter at some point.

I finally found a map of the town of Q and just printed that up. One for Ody and one for Firefly. My phone has done really well finding stuff for me, but I would like to have a better idea of where I am headed instead of blindly following instructions. It isn’t always right.

This morning I get to take a shower. It is farmers market day, I need to drop my packages off at the post office, hopefully buy some stamps and get my cards mailed out, do laundry…

We had sunshine yesterday. That second solar panel made a huge difference. The little solar gen was topped off by 1. The first time it has been topped off since I got here. I got to watch TV last night without worrying if it was going to shut itself off. I was beginning to think there was a problem with it.

Oh, when I went out for my walk, I stopped and introduced myself to my neighbors. Connie and Bob. It’s a start.

My scooter was finally delivered in Yuma yesterday. I will be headed there tomorrow to pick it up. While I am there, I need to stop and buy cat food, it is almost twice the cost here and she eats a can a day, sometimes more. Yesterday she got fed three times. For some reason she was really hungry and wouldn’t leave me alone until I gave her more food. Maybe it is the supplements…

Grilled pork chops and green beans from last week’s farmers market for dinner last night. Was good. 

I had an issue with my wifi modem last night. Somehow it got itself locked up. Had to pull out the booklet and see if I could figure it out. Ended up resetting it. This is the first time I have had any issues with it. I did move it yesterday. I originally had it in the printer cupboard, but it was hard to get to. I moved it over beside the fridge so I could turn it off and on without having to move. Charged it up on the little solar panel. Must have gotten a spike of some sort. But I got it figured out and have the paper clip handy in case I need to do it again.

In the 40’s at night here and the 70’s during the day. It throws me when I look at the calendar and it says December and I am in shorts and sandals. That is going to take a little getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment