Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Another visit with Mike.

Had another nice visit with my brother yesterday. He arrived late morning. We chatted, he looked at the generator and just generally checked things out. Says Ody is a good rig.

We went to lunch at Sweet Darlene’s, it had four stars on Google Maps. This was the first time I have eaten out since I have been here, almost five weeks. It was my birthday dinner. I had the jalepeno burger with fries and strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert. My last normal meal for a while. I need to get back to healthy eating and get my numbers down again. I really don’t want to go back on the meds, and I would also like to loose some more weight.

This morning I used my Amazon gift cards that I got for Christmas. I bought stuff I needed instead of fun stuff. I ordered the generator exhaust mod to get the exhaust above Ody’s roof, a battery operated pump to transfer gas from the cans to Ody, a larger gas can (since I won’t have to lift it to pour gas), a cup holder for the tracker, and a backup cable for the new phone. There was some fun stuff I would have liked to have gotten, but went with the necessary items instead. I was going to order a rechargeable fan too, but they wouldn’t ship to a PO box, so I will wait until I am back in Yuma and have a street address. 

There was enough sun yesterday to bring my sun shower up to 90 degrees, so after Mike left, I put a pot of water on the stove and brought the temp up even more and got a shower. Even got my hair washed. I miss being able to take a shower every day, but this is better than nothing. 

It wasn’t quite as cold this morning. 38 outside, 48 inside. I can deal with that for a short time. Much better than yesterday. 

Before Mike got here yesterday, I took a quick trip in town and got some gas for Ody, went to the post office, and stopped and bought some more butane for my stove and heater. It was reasonably priced considering. So, so far, I am managing. The cold yesterday is probably the worst of it, and I made it thru ok. 

Other than that, I really don’t have a lot to offer this morning. I did walk down to the gate house to meet Mike on his way in, so I got in a walk yesterday. Planning on walking again today. I could go to the post office, my folding charcoal grill is there, and I could get more gas for Ody, but I think I will wait until tomorrow and hit the farmers market too. I would like to go into Beall’s at some point since I have never been in one. This one will be closing in the spring from what I hear. Q has a hard time keeping year round businesses because of the nature of the town. Dead in the summer.

Here are some photos I took last week. The hawk is a regular in this area, but this is the first time he sat here for any length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment