Thursday, April 6, 2017

I am still sick

I gave up last night and started a z pack. I waited until I got home last night so I would be asleep after I took it. The congestion seems to be looser this morning and I hope it will be gone by the time I finish the antibiotics. It has me sneezing again tho. But if that is what it takes to get rid of the congestion, I can live with it. I’m tired of being sick. Between this cold/sinus thing I have had for about two months and my foot, it is getting pretty old. My appointment for my foot is this coming Monday.

I wore the new Telic shoes the whole shift last night. I had taken my Teva’s just in case, but it was OK. I still hurt when I got home, but mostly just my right foot. The new shoes have a lot more cushion to them. The only problem is, they make my feet sweat. Took me a little while to get used to walking in them too, it is such a different experience. Although my foot is pretty sore this morning. I did it without any pain killers, so I guess that isn’t bad. I really don’t like mixing my drugs whether it be aleve, allergy meds or antibiotics. I did use the topical stuff tho. Might have to apply that a little more often. I am hoping to have more energy once I get rid of whatever it is that I have. 

I ate my first tomato from the garden yesterday. Seems to be a little tough, but it wasn’t completely ripe either. I don’t know what variety it is as that is one of the plants I got from Anna.  They look like a small roma. Not the best eating tomato. Better for cooking. I took my weeding tool and got rid of most of the weeds in the yard. 

I ordered a small freezer online the other day. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. I have been struggling to keep stuff in my fridge freezer when I open the door. I am hoping to be able to freeze some garden stuff and still have enough room for the required summer ice. I am going to try to put it at the end of the counter and use it as extended counter space if it will fit. 

It was finally summer quiet at work. I got nine totes emptied and stocked. I have started doing the milk and eggs and beer a little earlier in the shift too. 8:30 instead of 9. That allows me to relax a little and get a quick smoke break in before I start counting money and doing the paperwork or spend extra time on the coolers if I need to. Last night we were out by 11:20. I worked with Natalie. She is changing her days tho and I won’t be working with her on a regular basis. I am going to miss her. I did not fill all the beer. They had the u boat stacked way over my head, I could barely move it and I wasn’t about to move everything to get the four 12 packs I needed from the bottom. They don’t pay me enough for that.

I need to go collect a neighbors plants that she left on her patio. I have no idea what they are, will find out when I get there. They left yesterday, so I can’t let that go too long. Things dry out way too fast here. I also want to get some more sleep. I haven’t had enough yet. 

I started some more seeds the other day. Eggplant, which is supposed to love the warmer weather, some pepper seeds I had saved, some more strawberry seed since the first ones haven’t done anything yet and the red yucca seeds that I gathered a week or two ago. My cukes are blooming and tomatoes are finally ripening. I pulled the lettuces since they weren’t doing anything. It is already too warm for them. I will have to put up the misters soon since it will be hot. They are predicting a warmer than usual summer. It is going to be interesting since last summer we went three months without going below 100 degrees, including nights. 

I just checked my vacation time online. I have 20 hours, but will wait until I have 40 before I take my vacation. My anniversary date is June 11. I am tossing around the idea of going to CA to see Georgia if she is going to be around. She has invited me and I didn’t get to see her when she was here this winter. She was only here for a couple of days. Would be nice to have a change of scenery. I would love to go East, but I don’t have enough time for that or the money. I am planning on going back at some point for a visit, but it will definitely be in the summer. If I go see Georgia I have a good chance of seeing part of the west coast. Haven’t seen the ocean in ages. Plus, I might get some inspiration to start creating again.

I'm thinking it is going to be too hot to take the trailer out by then. Although I am going to have to take it out some time. I'll probably have to replace the tires tho. I don't know how old they are and they have been sitting in the Arizona sun. I have them covered, but again, I don't know how old they are. At some point I will need to try and get the little generator running. I haven't tried to start that yet. And that too has been sitting in the sun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment