Monday, April 3, 2017

I have been sick - again

I have been sick for at least a week, if not longer. Top it off last night with vomiting, and it was just a perfect week. But I am hungry this morning, so that is a good sign.

We had several days last weekend with gusty winds and dust storms. The palo verde are blooming and my sinuses have been going crazy. My last days off were spent blowing my nose and sleeping. It felt like my head wanted to explode. Went back to work on Wednesday sounding like I had a really bad cold. I managed to make it through the work week tho. Alternating Aleve and sinus meds. I found a topical cream with lidocane in it for my foot and that helps. I still hurt, but not like I did when I was wearing shoes with backs. 

Was a rough day at work yesterday. I didn’t feel good all day and was past ready for 3:30 and the end of my work week. I got close to a dozen totes emptied so that was pretty good. I came home, had a couple of burritos and went to sleep. Then I was up for a couple of hours around midnight and proceeded to get sick. Not sure why. I haven’t taken anything for foot or sinus since Saturday and I certainly don’t mix them. It is one or the other. I didn’t eat anything unusual, so I don’t know what that was all about. I did manage to go back to sleep.

I have been waiting for my tax returns. I did my own taxes for the first time in years and apparently made a mistake. I got a letter this last week adjusting my total (less of course), and then another letter saying that I was possibly eligible for another credit. I need to look at the paperwork and figure out what to do about that, did my work laundry when I got home yesterday so that is already done. I had thought about going to Walmart and looking at freezers, but I’m not sure I am up to that today. Sal’s either. But we’ll see. I may just go back to sleep. I am so sick of being sick! Still blowing my nose and coughing too. 

I’m thinking scrambled eggs and an english muffin for breakfast. Something easy and not too heavy. I’ll get something from the garden for later. Not getting enough fruit and veggies lately. I just don’t eat right with this work schedule. 

There apparently is a job opening at the town hall for a clerk. Not sure I want that job. I’m hesitant to apply since the last job was such a fiasco. People are urging me to apply, I didn’t really want to for the last job either and should have listened to my instincts. It just wasn't a good match for me. I dunno. We’ll see. If I do, it won’t be today. Today is for rest and feeling better. I’m probably going to just sit on the whole job situation until I have a better grasp on whatever is going on with my foot. Figure it out then. 

Today is Schwann's day. I really don’t have room in the freezer, so I need to sort some stuff before I buy anything else. Thinking asparagus and fruit for today. Their cherries are really good. I may get two of them this time. The berry blend is also good. I really do need to get a small freezer I guess. Especially if the garden produces. Ice takes up a lot of space in the summer. Gotta have ice…

Now, for those of you concerned about my being depressed, yes, I am. But I learned long ago that all I have to do is wait a little while and things will change. Yes, there are things I can do to make the changes happen, and I will when the time is right. I'm good. You don't need to worry about me. I have survived a lot worse. I'm not going to do anything crazy. I have dealt with this pretty much all my life and have managed so far. Thank you for your concern. It is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment