Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The latest on my foot problems

Had my third(?) appointment with the podiatrist yesterday. My foot is actually getting better, but the pad of my heel is still inflamed. He wanted to give me a cortisone shot, but I declined. My last experience with cortisone was a nightmare so I am very hesitant to go in that direction. I am going to continue with what I have been doing the last two weeks and hope that it will continue to improve. I go back in six weeks. If it hasn't gotten much better, then I will consider the cortisone shot. Ice, elevation and topical anti inflammatory. Some soaking in the cool tub as well.

My BP was down. I knew it would be once I stopped taking pain killers and allergy meds. It was within the normal range once again.

I still haven't received any bills from the first three appointments or the x-rays, so I still have no idea what all of this is costing me. I have another prescription for the calluses my new walking pattern has created and the insurance won't pay for that one. It is going to cost me $49. But if it prevents cracked feet and yet more pain, then it will be worth it. I have enough foot pain without cracked skin adding to it.

He suggested I get some thick cushy socks to wear when I work, but I am wearing Teva sandals. Socks with sandals? I don't think so. I am going to see if I can get an insert to work in them instead to give another layer of cushion for the heel pad. I guess the taping is helping as well. It definitely protects the very sensitive part of my heel when I am out and about.

It may be time to start thinking about a new car. It has developed yet another issue. There is now no blinker noise. The blinkers work, but they don't tick any more. I also noticed there is no more key ding or seat belt ding. That lead me to testing out the radio and there is only one speaker working now in the passenger door. Add to that the fact that now that it is warm again, I am having issues getting the key out of the ignition again, and still have the check engine light for the catalytic converter that came on a week after I bought the car three years ago. Mike says the dinger issue is probably a ground wire problem but I don't know where to even start looking for that. Apparently this make (Chevy Equinox) is notorious for all of these problems and most of them are very expensive to fix. I'm not spending the money. Especially on the ignition issue as it will most likely return according to my research.

Another search says it might be a broken wire in the door. That I can check for. I have to go out today and will look then.

Nothing new and exciting. Just more of the same...work and sleep and read. I haven't felt motivated to do much of anything lately. With the foot issues, that makes me think twice about starting any projects.

Another dead critter in the yard. Last week a bunny and this week a pigeon. Wonder what next week will bring.

Trying a new leave in conditioner. With the heat and lack of humidity, my hair is getting dry again. Still using the Micelle water on my face, but am having yet another break out. I don't think that will ever go away. Seems to be especially itchy this time too. But it is still better than it was.

Time to think about pruning the cactus in my little garden. There is a big one in the back that has gotten way too big and it has two inch spines on it. I don't want to bump into that by mistake. Still thinking about rebuilding the fountain. Not sure what I want this time. Something a little more natural. Need some flat rocks. We had wind the other day and I have leaves everywhere again. Sweeping them off the patio is becoming a daily chore.

Strawberry sets are here and potted up. They haven't done much yet tho. Sunflowers have pretty much gone by, time to put in some more seed. Garden is slowing down due to the heat. Tomatoes are good this year. Although those are slowing down now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment