Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer in the Sonoran Desert

Not much going on here right now. It is summer in the Sonoran Desert and is freakin hot. We have been running between 110  and 118 degrees with increased humidity which makes it very unpleasant. It isn't any better at work. Not sure what the temp is set at there, but it is warm when you are moving around and pretty much a constant sweat. I drink lots and lots of water.

I haven't done much except work since the last time I wrote. I did have two days off at the beginning of the week. I went to Blythe and did my shopping on Monday, including getting a smaller pair of jeans for work since I have lost quite a bit of weight since I started. In the afternoon I caught up on sleep and Tuesday I finished what I didn't get done on Monday.

Today is day three of five of this work week. I go in at 2PM. Hoping to get the opening shift sometime in the future as I am a morning person and like to have some day left at the end of the work day instead of coming home, winding down, and getting to bed shortly before midnight. Plus a more regular schedule would be nice.

I hate having to put on long pants, a polo shirt and enclosed shoes when it is so very hot. The humidity is up now too. It is very uncomfortable and I sweat a lot at work. At home I sit in front of my big fan and that helps. But I can't carry that around with me.

I have given up on keeping anything green and growing. The palm tree has pretty much died too. I think it was really an indoor plant, but way too big for my tiny place. I didn't really care for it anyway. I may just cut it all back and see if it comes back in the fall.

I got the light bar and the little solar jump starter for the golf cart, but it is way too hot to work on it. It will just have to wait until it cools off to get the light bar installed and hooked up to the jump starter.

I got my new recliner. It will do. Much more comfortable than the last ones I got. I did have to raise the front with a 2x2, small project. But that brings the foot rest up enough so that it is comfortable. Also tilts the seat back a little so I don't feel like I am sliding out of the chair. It isn't a bad chair for the price. I had to do the same thing to my $500 reliner back in VT.

My silk geraniums are at the post office. I picked up pots for them at the dollar store. Now I just need to figure out how to weight them so I am not constantly picking them up off the ground when they blow over. I also ordered a matching pair of mexican blankets for the couch and chair. These are more red than orange so will be a better fit in the living room until fall when I will use my gray fleece blankets.

I still don't have my amish wagon. It was tracked to the Q post office but the don't have it so the company sent out a new one. Hopefully I will pick that up at the post office today along with my blankets and geraniums.

I got a 120v tire inflator for the scooter so I don't have to mess with the 12v one and the car every time I need to inflate something. Still need to air up the scooter tires tho. Can't use it until I do. Not that I have much of an opportunity to use it these days. Just too hot and not enough leisure time. Although I do need to make a trip to the dumpster, so I may take care of that this morning.

I know, I haven't been writing much, but I haven't had much to write about. My time now is either spent working, sleeping or getting ready for work. I am hoping when it cools off that I will actually do something with my free time. For now I am reading and sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment