Saturday, July 30, 2016

More of the same

My days have morphed into either work or waiting to go to work. The job has pretty much taken over my life.

I didn't do anything Monday or Tuesday, just rested. Monday's I sleep a lot and Tuesday's I usually catch up on errands and chores. This week I didn't do them until Wednesday because I didn't have to go to work until 3:30. That allowed enough time to do what I needed to do and still get in a nap before work. I have fewer hours this week, but a full 40 next week.

I got my geranium pots weighted and foamed and yesterday I did the arrangements. The spray foam and chain link scraps seem to have done the trick and I have a little bit of foam that I shaved off the top for future projects.

We had a dust storm last night and have a string of thunder storms going through now and both pots have stayed upright and on their stands through all of it. I guess I used enough link weight.

I had another fall on the steps - they have got to go. I need to get that dealt with now while I have an income because I don't know how long I will be able to keep working this particular job. The expectations are way too high and the pay way too little for the expectations. It physically wears me out. About three days in to my five day work week I am exhausted. Of course the temps and the constant sweating doesn't help my mood any. It is very uncomfortable the whole time I am there. It is going some when the store is warmer than my house and I keep the house fairly warm to keep the expense down. 

I am planning on building a small deck over the stairs. I don't want to destroy them, just make them safe. The next owners might like them. The deck will be big enough to cover the whole set of steps and give me wooden steps with railings to hang on to. This time I was moving the ice maker from the kitchen to the work bench on the patio and the steps caught the side of my foot. I dropped the ice maker on the way down and killed it. I had planned on selling it and getting the smaller one like I had before. Oh well, at least I didn't break anything on me. Just a good bruise and a couple of scrapes. Now to find someone to build the deck for me. Worse comes to worse, I will do it myself - but I don't want to. Too big a project. I have built one before and this one should be easier, but I suck and measuring and cutting, so it should be someone better at it than me.

I picked up some ice cube trays at Family Dollar and will try to keep ahead of my ice usage the old fashioned way for now. I had been buying ice, but I can make my own for free. I don't have to carry the trays too far and for now the shelf I use for the ice is available. That was why I was moving the ice maker, to free up the space in the kitchen that it was using by just sitting there doing nothing. 

Basically there has been nothing worth writing about. There has to be more to life besides working and waiting to go to work. It has taken over my life and it isn't very rewarding. Very frustrating in fact. I'm not having fun or even content. I do like the paycheck, it comes in very handy buying food and paying bills, but there also has to be a job out there for me that I might actually like going to, or at worst, not mind it so much. I'm still doing nights and closing and would rather be working mornings. They hired a new manager, so maybe I can get that changed somehow. Might be a little less demanding.

I bought the cooler for the trailer last night. It was one of the last things I needed before I take it out for a test run. I was waiting for the half price sale and it was this week. Of course, so were the clothing items I bought last week. Could have saved even more if I had waited, but we don't get much advance notice.

That is about it for now. Time to try and get a little more sleep. Three and a half hours just isn't enough.


  1. So sorry to hear about your fall..hope you feel better...

    1. Thank you. Yes, this one is healing much faster than the last fall - it wasn't as bad.