Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Worn out

Yesterday was a strange day. I got ambitious after I got off the computer and did my work clothes laundry. Then I got out the reflectors for the golf cart and got them put on. I finally got the mirror mounted as well. I do love having the sewing machine out and easily accessible as I made a three minute mirror cover for the golf cart out of a piece of an old towel. Earlier I did the cuffs on the jacket. 


The cart was about as ready for it’s foray onto a town road as it could be with my limited reflectors. I don’t know how long they will stay on there since they were sticky back and it is freakin hot here. I do need to get some reflector tape and do something with the front. I may put some lights of some sort on the front too. Just have to figure out how to hook them up to the battery. Either way, additional reflector tape won’t hurt. I got hot and started sweating again which irritated my heat rash. I suffered with that all day. Powder helped and last night I actually put an ice pack on it. It seems to be better today, and hopefully I can keep the sweating to a minimum because I have to put on long pants tomorrow. I washed the pants that gave me the rash and tossed them into the Sal’s pile in the shed. Won’t be wearing them again. I ordered a canvas belt on Ebay to hold my jeans up instead of the leather one. Hopefully I won’t sweat as much with the canvas belt. Although I think it is a loosing battle being fully dressed in the heat of the summer AC or not. I will try to find a better fitting pair of black jeans the next time I go to a store. I think part of the problem is that I didn’t shower before going to work. I had been in the tub and figured that was good enough since I would start sweating the minute I got dressed. But I didn’t rinse off the chlorine and that probably irritated things. Lesson learned. Always shower before going to work, tub or no tub.

I did not get the water changed in the tub or the bananas dealt with. I also need to clean out my freezer. I have no idea what is in there any more. Whatever it is, it isn’t getting used. I may just toss out everything and start from scratch.  If I don't know what is in there, it has been there too long. I did manage to re-spray outside to prevent ants. I felt unprotected since the rain we got the other day. I have some granules to put down too, but am hesitant to do so because of the lizards. I would hate to hurt any. But I also don’t want to have to deal with ants in the house.

I had breakfast/lunch around 11. I finished up the stuff from a couple of lunches that I hadn’t eaten, then I took a two hour nap. I was pretty much done for the day. I finished my book that I was reading after my nap, was still tired, so I slept some more. I decided I was too tired and worn out to drive the cart out to the corner. I would have had to shower and dress for that. I just wasn’t up to it, so I let Lois know that I wasn’t going. I sat on my patio and had a perfect view for all of the fireworks but the lowest ones. It was a clear shot and I didn’t have to get dressed and go out in public. I got back inside just in time to see the Boston Pops do Stars and Stripes and watched the Boston fireworks on TV. They have some pretty impressive fireworks. I had never seen any like that. So all in all, other than the fact that I was alone all day, it was good. Got to bed around 10 and slept until 4 this morning. Guess I needed all that sleep.

I actually watched OTA TV. I didn’t start my DVD’s. I may start those tonight. I was just too tired and worn out to care. The job exhausts me. Hopefully I have caught up some. I had planned on going out today and pick up a few things, but I can get by without. I may still go to Sal’s, but take the scooter instead of the car. I will have to inflate the tires first tho. Needs to be done anyway.

Keith left for the UK yesterday. I did not get to see him before he left. Oh well. I’ll see him when he gets back. Hope he has a good trip. Lois and Rusty had to cancel their trip due to Rusty's health. Selfishly I am glad they aren't going, but sorry Rusty doesn't feel well.

I hope to be able to do some fun stuff again some day, maybe even have someone to do it with. I would like to travel again but have a place to come back to. I have the place now and just need the time and money to do the traveling. I want to be a snowbird.

I was missing Jake a lot last night. Plus yesterday was Kryssy’s birthday.


  1. I don't know if i have ever told you that I enjoy your blog because it shows what an independent woman you are. You are able to take care of yourself and do jobs that many women would either hire someone. You are an inspiration for me. I know that being independent doesn't mean that you don't get lonely and miss the companionship of a partner to share things with.
    Don't let depression get you. Have a blessed week.

  2. Thank you for your comments. I often wonder what people think about my blog.
    I haven't had a whole lot to write about lately as I am working a full 50 hour week and it is exhausting. Too hot to do much of anything anyway.
    I don't usually stay down for long, just have to be patient and wait for it to go away.
    Thanks again.