Monday, August 1, 2016

I fell...again

Yes, the steps got me again. It is time I get serious about solving that issue. I don't want to destroy the steps, want to keep them for resale value, but I can't live in fear every time I go in and out my door. I am always very careful as they like to grab my feet, but so far, have fallen twice. Have been very lucky both times, minor injuries, but I'm afraid the next time I might not be so lucky.


The plan is to build a deck over the steps. Something that I can walk out the door, open or close it without teetering on the top step. Room enough to set something down and stairs with a railing on both sides. I hate to loose the space on the patio, but I think my safety is more important. I will have to rearrange the back end of the patio to compensate for the loss of space, but will figure it out. The deck has to be removable as the steps are what got me to look at this place to begin with.

I have feelers out for someone to build the deck for me. I could do it myself, but I don't want to. I do, however, have what I want in mind unless the builder has a better idea. I am open to suggestions.

Not much else to write about. The "job" has taken over my life. I just finished a five day week of nights and I am physically exhausted. Today is a day of R&R and maybe some household chores that have suffered.

It seems like I spend all of my time either working or waiting to go to work. That isn't what I had in mind for my life, but I can't retire for another 7 or 8 years, or until something changes. Need the income. Hopefully a better job is just around the corner.

We had our first dust storm since I moved here the other night. I didn't get the tub covered so I need to change the water again this morning. It was staying nice and clear this week too, until the dust storm. I have been using it anyway, what is a little dirt? Lakes have all sorts of things in them and I swam in them. But I do like nice clear water in my cool tub.

It is time to stop feeding the critters again. I have way too many and they have gone through a whole seed block in less than two weeks. I can't afford the amount of food they eat, so I will not put out another for a couple of weeks and hope that the critters thin out. Bumper crop of baby bunnies this year. I have several in the yard daily. I feel bad that I will loose a lot of the little birds that I like, but have to do it to loose some of the bigger birds and hopefully some bunnies.


No comments:

Post a Comment