Monday, December 19, 2016

Garden update

It has been cold here the last few days. Freezing cold...literally. I got some string lights in the garden enclosure and things were good yesterday morning, but this morning I discovered the zucchini lost a few leaves to the cold, but not the whole plant. So I added a 60 watt incandescent light to that corner since the string lights didn’t reach over there. Everything else looks good tho. Gonna be lighting up the neighborhood...




My amaryllis are getting closer to blooming and the xmas cactus are starting and all three should be blooming by Sunday.





I’m not doing a whole lot today. It is my only day off until Friday and I am going to enjoy as much of it as I can. It is still cold here.The sun is up, but isn’t giving off a lot of warmth and it is breezy so it is cold. My fingers are complaining. I still spend as much time outside as I can even when it is cold like this. I need the sunlight. I haven’t used the heater part of the fireplace yet, but those days aren’t far off. Supposed to warm up a little for a few days then get cold again. It is only in the low 50’s again today. Winter! Ugh! I know, I shouldn’t be complaining, I could be in the upper half of the states. Seems like everyone is getting hammered with winter this year.

My new floor lamps are supposed to arrive today. I also ordered a recoil pad for the 20 gauge. They shipped UPS so I don’t have to go to the post office. Yay. You should see the bruise I have on my shoulder from firing the shotgun only three times. The pad should help. I don’t remember having this problem with the full sized one I had before. Hope we go target shooting again soon. I enjoy that. I also enjoy showing up the “boys”.  Jake would be proud. 😊😊😊😊😊

I did not buy the christmas pillows I mentioned the other day. I didn’t bring any money or a credit card to work with me. They are still there tho….I might get them tomorrow if they haven’t sold. I really don’t need them, but they are snowflakes and can be used after the holidays too. The back side is solid red, so that would work any time.

I’m hoping that I am not so beat Thursday that I can’t enjoy what few hours Mike and I will have. Hoping we go out to eat, and then we might fire up the stove on the patio. That would be nice. I haven’t used it since last winter. Too much trouble for just myself…Although I should make more of an effort to do stuff like that. I have the little one for the trailer that my neighbors gave me last year. I could use too that one too.

Mark is supposed to work on the trailer next week. Get that back wall built and the door in. Going to ask him to help with the vent cover on the roof. Might as well since he will be here. Getting the wall and door in just might motivate me enough to finish up the trailer. Then I could take it out for a weekend or an overnight. That is it’s whole purpose. I have had it a year already and haven’t even used it.

Thinking of taking a ride around the park some night with the golf cart to see the Christmas lights. I guess there are a couple of places in town that are pretty impressive that I should check out too. It just isn’t the same by myself. Maybe I can talk Mike into doing that with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment