Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Changes!

So many changes since I wrote last. I keep meaning to write, but life gets in the way.

I finally bit the bullet and got my floors done. I am so very happy with the results. I splurged and bought some new pieces of furniture too. I have a couple more home projects and I will be done for a while.





















I'm just loving my new floors. It gives the place a whole new feel. It still kind of surprises me when I walk in. 😊

I disconnected the OTA antenna from the TV.  It couldn't keep a channel and it tethered the TV in one spot. I have gone back to my AppleTV and can put the TV anywhere in the house. I bought a new stand for it, new feet, and I'm liking it. I also bought a new table and chairs and I'm liking those too. Sold the old set.

I ripped out the carpet myself, along with the lower half of the built in corner cupboard. Mark did the floors, and while the washer was out, replaced the hoses, and had to replace the shut off valves, so that should be good for a while. The valves had seized up and wouldn't turn any more. 











Ripping out that carpet was a nasty job. So glad Mark warned me to wear a mask. I filled the dustpan with fine dirt that had found it's way thru the carpet and the padding. Ugh! Next time I will pay someone to do it. It wasn't fun. Gained quite a bit of floor space by removing the corner cabinet. 

The upper cabinet is coming out as well, but I think I will let Mark do that. I have been having some shoulder pain and I don't want to make it any worse. I need my shoulder for work.

Speaking of work, our assistant manager got herself fired. I was offered the position and accepted it this time. I am now the new Assistant Manager at Dollar General Quartzsite. It means a small pay increase and a lot more to learn. But I think Brett and I will work well together. The cashiers were all rooting for me and it gave me a warm fuzzy. :) It's a job. I will do it as long as I can physically, but I am not getting any younger and it is physically demanding. My hours will be changing, hopefully to more days. Last week and this I am working all nights. Once Brett gets back from his week away, I will have to dig in and learn the job. Right now we will muddle through the best we can. Team work. 

I am having Mark do a bit more work inside the house. I spotted this online and am having him do this to the backs of my kitchen cupboards on the living room side, both top and bottom. The bottom will be about eight inches deep and the top about three inches deep. I have had to clean out cupboards and get rid of stuff, but that is OK. The bottom cupboards are pretty much a black hole. Things go in and never see the light of day again. Time to get rid of a bunch of stuff. 


I just love this. Once all Mark's work is done, it will be time for me to start resurfacing the cupboards. I have a plan....we'll see how well I do. One door at a time. I also will be putting bead board wall paper up on the lower half of the bathroom and will paint the upper half. No deadline, will work it as I have time. The cupboards and woodwork are going to be white. No more of this light oak crap. To me they just look yellowed and dirty. And I HATE that wallpaper. That is what is in the bathroom too.


I have picked out new door handles and have the bead board wall paper and lattice trim, just need to get started.




This is the look I will be shooting for. There are a lot of doors and will take a while. I will probably start in the bathroom since there are only two doors in there. 

The gardens have been neglected with all the inside work being done. I need to spend some time out there, reseed a bunch of stuff. The tomato plants are going nuts, some of the perennials are doing OK, and I was given a couple of large geraniums that I love. I keep trying to start stuff from seed, but not having a lot of luck. But here are a few pics from last week.



















The kool tub has been up for about a month now, but I have only used it a few times. The nights are still cool, so the water hasn't warmed up enough. But it is there and ready when I need it. 








1 comment:

  1. Good to see you writing again. You sure have been busy. The place looks great.

    ReplyDelete