Monday, October 24, 2016

An unexpected day off


I quit my new job this morning. As I had mentioned before, I was concerned that it was all women there, and I overheard a conversation about me this morning, while sitting at my desk waiting for 8 o’clock, that I wasn’t meant to hear. I pretty much knew I didn’t like the job, but was willing to give it a chance until I overheard what they were saying about me. I don’t need that crap in my life, so it was the catalyst for me grabbing my stuff and leaving. I only told my supervisor it wasn’t working out, and that I was sorry. To be honest, I am relieved. I don’t do drama, told them that when I interviewed, and just don’t want  to have to deal with that crap along with learning a very difficult job. A job that I am pretty sure I wouldn’t be happy at. Better that I got out now before I found myself stuck in a job that I hated.


I immediately went to DG and got my job back. Tom was very happy. So I have an unexpected day off and I am planning on doing absolutely nothing until I feel like doing something. And I am going to get a nap too!

I a conflicted. I am happy I don’t have to deal with that, yet I have never walked out of a job in my life. You should have seen the girls faces when I confronted them and asked them if they were talking about me. It was priceless. One of them said “it is what we do”. Well I don’t and I won’t, so I'm not.


I still have hopes that I will find a job that I would be happy with for several years. As we well know, not everyone works out. But until then, I still have my job at DG. I even got my Sunday mornings off so I can go to breakfast with the neighbors again. Still have my Monday and Tuesday’s too. I am giving up holiday’s off, but I think the trade off is worth it. Especially since I wouldn't have gotten paid holidays like everyone else. I had a bad feeling about that place. I would have been in direct line of fire if someone had come in and gone postal...Just one more thing to be happy I don't have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment