Monday, October 17, 2016

First Day

Today I start my new job at the La Paz County Courthouse. Wish me luck.

This last week at DG has been very stressful and very busy. Things not getting done, dealing with not getting things done and the general public. I am so happy I am out of retail before the season really got started. People are mean, rude, impatient, and just generally assholes. I'm sure I will still have to deal with that at the new job, just not in the volume that DG manages. I didn't even manage to get my meal break Saturday or Sunday. Our new cashier just needed too much help and there were too many issues and returns to allow more than five or ten minutes to myself. I did manage to inhale my food, but that was about it. And that was after heating it up and then having it sit there waiting for me to get back to it.

Mark is also starting on my garden today. Showed him where the water lines were last night and discussed the plan one more time. Good thing, he hadn't considered the supports at the top. That changed his plan a little. I am hoping to have the garden filled and planted by the end of the weekend. I was too tired to fill the back of the car with cardboard yesterday afternoon so I will still have to do that at some point this week. And I haven't planted up any of my pots so if I need extra soil I can take it from them and replace that soil later.

I am hoping with the new job that I will be happier than I have been all summer. The DG job just wasn't a good fit for me and I wasn't happy and didn't have a life. Hoping to get a little bit of that back. I dreaded going to work every day. And I am looking forward to a normal schedule and something I can plan around.

The park is filling back up for the season and there will be more things to do and people to visit with. Hoping my work schedule won't interfere too much with that, but we'll see. Retirees tend to do things mid afternoon and on week days. Those events I won't be able to make, but am hoping to start Sunday morning breakfasts again very soon. I will have to give up Monday morning coffee tho.

Gotta move the cinder blocks I have under the grow bench, there are bunnies snoozing behind it and quite a bit of rabbit poop. My yard isn't that big, so I will have to consider where I am going to move them too, or just rearrange them so the bunnies can't get back there after I sweep up their droppings.

I will be glad when Saturday gets here. It will be my first day off in ten days. DG worked me right up to the last day so I didn't get a chance to rest up for my first day. I will be going in tired today, tomorrow and the rest of the week. Would have been nice to have had at least one day off before I started my new job, but it is what it is and I just have to deal with it.

1 comment: