Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Noteworthy

Weighed myself again on Sunday. I have lost a total of 41 pounds since I was diagnosed with type two diabetes. Thinking about it, I realized that this is the least I have weighed in twenty years! I have gone down four pant sizes since I started my current job, it is a great workout every time I go to work.


I still have a long way to go, but am half way there. It has taken years to loose this weight, ups and downs, but lately, mostly downs.

Last week I got the new perennial garden assembled, filled and planted. Two trips to the store to get soil and I used up the rest of my pro mix and I had to order more.


I also got the annual garden setup and planted. I cut a soaker hose in two so both beds could get water, and it took quite a while to get the irrigation set up. It was a two day process.


I also finally got the drop cloth curtains up over the big opening on the side of the patio. Hoping it will help keep the patio cooler during the heat of the summer and it will also block a bit more of the morning sun.




We hit 32 degrees last night. I am hoping my seedlings survived. The perennial garden hasn't done much, but the annuals have poked their heads above ground and the daffodils are finally growing.

Picking the rest of the grapefruit today and plan to get the tree pruned. It is already putting out new leaves for the season, so it has to be done now or not at all. It really needs it.

One of the two desert willow trees that I got started last fall is coming back, I hope the second one does as well. They will probably go in the ground this year when I figure out where they are going to go. My lot is pretty small and the grapefruit takes up a lot of the yard. The birds love it and it gives decent shade. The bunnies hang out under it in the hot summer. Shooting for a bit more privacy in the yard. I hate that I have none. But I love my little community and have great neighbors most of the time.

The people that rented the lot next door this winter are finally gone. Can't say that I am sorry, they bugged me and I felt like I couldn't go out in my own yard. Plus they created problems in the neighborhood. That lot should stay empty until next fall now. Hopefully by then I will have created some sort of growing fence.

Work is still challenging. We are still way above last year on our numbers and we are having trouble (more than usual) getting stuff stocked. The new manager isn't doing well, and that creates more issues. Sigh...I miss Tom. And they are still sending us huge trucks every week and we are at least two weeks behind in stocking totes. They have also cut back our hours, so we don't have enough manpower to get it done. We just do the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment