Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Garden update

The bales of pro mix arrived on Friday and I got them in the garden Saturday morning. I should have waited to plant, but I didn't, and it settled over night after being watered. I can't afford to order more soil anyway, so it will have to do. I planted mescalun, turnip greens, spinach, radishes, herbs, tomatoes and several other things. I didn't have any lettuce seed and will have to get some. I also started several pots with geraniums. my bulbs from DG, and am trying one more time to grow a couple of desert willow trees. Hoping the pro mix will make the difference.




Thursday I was informed that the store is now open until 11 PM. So I am getting home an hour later at night. With the way I sleep, that isn't a good thing. But I will have to deal with it.

I got to go to breakfast on Sunday and coffee on Monday. A bunch of us also went to the Roadrunner floating bar and grill last night for burgers. We had a good time.






We had an awesome sunset last night. I took pictures, but was in a moving vehicle at the time, so they aren't all that great, but here is one that isn't bad.


Today is my day two of two days off. It goes way too fast. I wish I didn't have to work to eat, but it is what it is. 

I had a moment last night, and it almost made me cry. I was really enjoying the water, the breeze, the scents in the air, the whole atmosphere, and I realized that Jake should have been there with me. I could almost see him standing beside me. It made me so very sad. It actually physically hurt that he wasn’t there with me. Even after seven years I still have moments that take my breath away. I still miss him each and every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment