Thursday, November 17, 2016

Sorry it has been so long....

It has been a while since I have written anything and I was reminded of that fact yesterday. Thanks Jerry!

I try not to write the same thing over and over, it gets boring even for me. My life these days consists of working and sleeping. When I am not working I am trying to get enough sleep that I can work. I only sleep three and four hours at a time, so it is a long drawn out affair.

Work is getting crazy. It is that season, and it is only going to get worse before it gets better. If I survive the month of January at DG Quartzsite, I can survive just about anything. We just need enough people on register to keep the complaints down to a dull roar. No one is ever happy. But we do our best.

My garden has green and growing things in it. Yay! Now I hope I can keep it going through the coldest part of the winter. I brought home my clear vinyl shower curtains that I will be using to enclose it and make it into a makeshift greenhouse for the season. I bought a dozen of them, so I should have enough plus some extra in case of a failure. I only bought the lightweight ones as they were half the price of the heavy duty vinyl curtains. It still cost almost $50.

I bought a bike last week. I finally found one with a color that I could live with that was less than a hundred bucks. I didn't want to spend more because I probably won't be using it all that much. It was even pre-assembled. I have to order a gel cover for the seat before I can use it tho, the couple of minutes I sat on the seat, it hurt.

It has way too many speeds, I would have been happy with three, but the price was right and the color was livable. No fancy tires or pastel colors. I will have to figure out a basket or a rack for it if I am to use it for a quick trip to the store, and I would like to find a lock that isn't one of the coiled cable ones as I hate fighting with that. But in the meantime, the gel seat cover is ordered and I do have a lock I can use. 

Here are a few garden pics from a couple of days ago. All of the zucchini seeds have sprouted, everything looks like it is doing well. I added the first worm castings the other day since most everything is above ground. 

So far, so good.

The other day I finally got the railroad ties dug into the ground. Now I can touch them with my tires without moving them. No more hitting the fence when I back in. 

I also aired up my car tires, got the tire sensors working again, cleaned the windows and then proceeded to wiped down the car since it was covered in dust. It looks so much better now. 

I have started some seeds in pots outside of the garden too. The tubers I put in haven't done anything, but most of the seeds have. I started geraniums, two different varities of lupine, another shot at the desert willow, and of course the walking onion from Deanna in Saco. Those have taken off like wildfire. 

Today is a work day. I work 3 to 11:30. The last few weeks I have been working 40 hours - nights. I will spend most of the morning trying to get a little more sleep since I only get about three hours at night. I can't function at DG on that little sleep. The job is way too physical and demanding. I am still hoping that I will be able to find a normal job that I can stand to replace the DG job at some point. In the meantime, I will do the best I can with what I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment