Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I really have to find another job...

I am so grateful I wasn’t working yesterday! There was a 911 call for a belligerent customer harassing the cashiers and that attacked another customer with something sharp and took off. A transient, homeless, whatever. Probably a druggie. Lots of panhandling and squatting here even tho it is illegal, especially in the winter. But I really do need to get out of DG as soon as possible. Customers are enough of a pain in the ass without being dangerous as well. I’m just glad it wasn’t on my shift. Not sure how it all played out, but I think they got him.

I had a quiet day yesterday. I watched all four episodes of Gilmore Girls, but I snoozed through some of it, especially the first one. I think I missed most of that one. I did have my thanksgiving dinner and it was pretty good. Now I am over it. The critters are going to get the leftovers, one of my goals today is to get the fridge cleaned out. I’m sure the veggies I bought three weeks ago are ready to be tossed too. I have fresh leftovers that I made last night, and I think I will have a piece of ham with that tonight. 

I had to repair the roof part of the garden plastic yesterday. I had it in layers since it wasn’t big enough to cover the whole thing, but the rain got in between the layers and there were rivers of water dropping onto the garden. I may have lost a few things. But the wind also opened up a section, so I got that taped back together and went online and ordered a reinforced clear tarp big enough to cover the whole top and two of the sides in one piece, with grommets. For now, I will just put that over the existing plastic…added insulation. I never even considered the water since it hardly ever rains here. Everything is sopping wet and I need to change the watering timer to every other day on both the garden and the grapefruit. It isn’t getting a chance to dry out. 

Everything was covered in dew this morning. If it had been a few degrees colder it would have been a heavy frost. Brrr…I will rest a little easier when I get the new tarp for the garden on. Will still have to figure out how to keep it from freezing when it drops below freezing, but I should have a little time before that happens. The grapefruit on the tree are starting to ripen. I hope they will be edible. There aren’t many but they will be my first ones.

I have ordered a new battery for my phone. It has been giving me lots of trouble lately. It is plugged in more than it isn’t now, and drops like a rock when I use it. From what I can tell, it is four years old. Mike had it before me and I have had it two years now. So I guess it is time to replace the battery. I will have to go online and find the instructions to do that. The battery comes with the tool kit needed to open it up. I changed the one in my old phone and it was a pain in the ass. I am assuming this one will be too. But at least I will be prepared this time. I will have to think about upgrading at some point but I refuse to spend more than a hundred bucks for a new phone, so it probably won’t be an iPhone unless I get another of Mike’s hand me downs.

I need to go to the post office. Not sure if I will do that today or tomorrow. I should also clean the bathroom, it has been a while and the corners need attention. 


There isn’t going to be a christmas potluck this year. Two have ruined it for the rest of us. Politics and unrest are everywhere. It only takes one or two trouble makers to ruin it for everyone else. I was looking forward to it this year, it would have been my first since I went to Phoenix the last two years. Maybe we will eat out instead. Whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment