Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Vacation is over.

My vacation went way too fast and I didn't even do anything. Sigh...

I did get more accomplished yesterday. Anna volunteers at the thrift shop and invited me over. I knew I had to do the closet and drawers, so I flew through that and filled 7 garbage bags with clothes and books and shoes. So not only did I get the closet cleaned out, I got rid of the stuff all in one day. Yay. I have room in the closet for new stuff now. I didn’t allow myself to think too much about what I was getting rid of. If I hadn’t worn it, or it had a high neck line (I have developed an aversion to stuff around my neck), or was just taking up space, out it went. Got rid of most of my hoodies, only kept the sweatshirts with collars, got rid all my t-shirts with the high necks, and basically anything that didn't fit. It felt good. I’m sure at some point I will go looking for something and I won’t have it, but I will deal. I still have a couple of small drawers to deal with, but I didn’t feel like moving a bunch of stuff to get to them. I can do them some other time.


My treat for the day was Taco Tuesday at Barbie’s Place. They were OK. Not a lot of flavor. If I do them again tho, I will break up the taco shells and eat them as a taco salad instead. But it was a treat either way. Needed more salsa and un cut sour cream. The sour cream was blended with something to make it pourable, and it lost flavor.


I stopped at the veggie truck on my way home. Most of his stuff looked awful, but I did get some onions, avocados, a couple of tomatoes and some garlic. I got two heads of garlic and planted one head in the garden. The other one is for cooking.

I spent $5 at the thrift shop, one red and one black long sleeve top with a slight v neck, a tin pumpkin, and a couple of quilted pillow shams. $5 on my tacos and $5 at the veggie stand. I hear Sal’s is having a bag clothing sale, fill a bag for so many dollars, but I didn’t stop there. I barely got rid of all the other stuff I have gotten there.

I got in a quick nap before FedEx showed up with the vent for the trailer. Of course, a simple swap out turned into a major project. Glen coated the edges on the roof with a rubber sealant. I couldn’t get the rubber off to get the screws out. Add to that that they were star screws and I couldn’t find a bit to fit…I ended up swapping out parts so the vent is half new and half old. Couldn’t use the fan part of it, so it was a waste of money. I should have just ordered the replacement cover for half the price. But I will find a use for the 12v fan at some point. I need to get a can of flex seal to cover the area that I did manage to dig out. But it won’t leak even if I don’t. Just looks like crap.





And last but not least, did another load of laundry.

I need to clean out the upper kitchen cabinets before the yard sale next month, and probably the upper cabinets in the bedroom. But other than that, weeding out is just about done. Yay. I need to find a solution for my shoes. They have been living behind a chair in the dining area, but I don’t like them there. It is handy, but they don’t belong in the dining area. I have no entry to speak of, so I can’t put them there. Maybe clean out one of the drawers under the closet, or put them in the closet itself. They just need to be easy to get to and somewhat organized.

I got rid of a lot of shoes. Some of them brand new. I can’t wear them so there is no sense in keeping them. I also got rid of my snow boots and ice cleats. Don’t need them here. I was ruthless this time. It helps that I wear a uniform to work. I don’t wear a lot of different clothes that way. I have my favorites that get used over and over. I did keep my big blanket coat as I do wear that sometimes.

Today’s projects are folding and putting away laundry, putting away stuff on the dish drainer and just generally picking up. I might even vacuum. But lets not go crazy. It is a work day and I will have to get a nap in at some point. I go in at 3:30 today. Will be putting in more hours now that it has started to pick up. I wonder how they made out the last week or so without me. I’m hoping they appreciate me a bit more now. But I am not getting my hopes up.

I need to either make or find a cloth mattress cover for the trailer. The one that is in there has turned to powder. It is that fiber type material. Learn something new every day, it doesn’t like heat. I will probably have to make one. I could use the white twin sheet I have hanging on the patio, just sew up a couple of sides….Or I could use one of my fleece blankets, they seem to hold up well to sun and heat. I should have pulled that one off while I was in there yesterday, but I didn’t.

Well, I guess it is time to get myself moving. I need to measure the wall outside the back door. I’m looking at a folding clothes dryer and need to know if it will fit. I don’t use the clothes line on the back of the garden, it is too hard to get to with an armload of wet clothes. It was a good idea in theory, but it didn’t work out. I would move them to the patio, but they don’t fold and would always be in the way. I’ll figure something out at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment