Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Only eight days left...

There was a good turn out for the first coffee of the season. Mostly year rounders, but it should grow from here.


I had a quiet day at home. Read some, napped some, and read some more. We did hit 90 or so degrees, but I didn't turn on the AC. The house was hot and stuffy, but I managed. I want the AC to be off for the rest of the year, the savings on my electric bill is huge without it.

I don't have much on the agenda for today and am not feeling particularly motivated, so another day of rest is in the queue I think. Ladies lunch at noon, after that, we'll see. The Yacht Club is the only restaurant in town that I haven't eaten at yet. I can check that off my list by the end of the day. Will be interesting to see how many people I know, or know by sight.

I didn't cook anything yesterday, but did make some sun tea. Since I am eating out at lunch today, I won't cook today either. Maybe tomorrow.

I wish I could find someone to back me in an endeavor. Someone who wouldn't mind loosing a sizeable chunk of change. My dream is to have another shop and work for myself again. That is when I was happiest, with and without Jake. I like being my own boss, but need to make enough money to live on and support the store. I would love to open an internet cafe (coffee only)/consignment gift shop. A place for people to gather and enjoy and shop at the same time. I just don't have the funds to pull it off and without a second income, wouldn't be able to do it. The bills need to be paid. Sigh....one can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment