Friday, October 6, 2017

Only four days left..

I got the shed cleaned out yesterday. Finally. I can see the floor and the benches now, and the bike is on the front wall - sort of. It is basically sitting on top of my tool chest with a hook to the wall to keep it from falling over. The back tire blocks a little bit of the doorway, but it is no longer taking up floor space. I kept running into the pedal with my shin. Ow!

So, for now, if the mood hits, I have a work bench again and can access all my tools and equipment. 

Before and after…

   



Then I had to figure out what to do with the yard sale stuff. I didn’t want to put it all back in the shed, considered putting it in the trailer, but when I opened it up to do that, I discovered the roof vent cover had shattered. That means there is a 14 inch hole in the roof of the trailer. I didn’t want to have to move everything to fix it which has to be done ASAP. I didn’t see any water damage, so it must have happened after the last monsoon. I ended up putting it all in a corner of the patio by the front door. Won’t have to haul it as far on yard sale day about a month from now. Am hoping to add to it before then. 


This is the pile of stuff I removed from the shed…some of it was trash and will go in the dumpster, the rest into the yard sale.


I didn’t get lunch out. Carrollynn was in the middle of making candy, so we are going to try again today. 

Today might be clean out the bedroom closet day. It really, really needs to be done. I can’t fit anything else in there and I don’t wear 98% of it. And since I can’t wear the shoes, they have to go too. 

I also read a book and watched some TV last night. Only an hour nap mid day ish after I finished up the shed. 

As much as I hated to spend the money, I went online and ordered a new roof vent for the trailer. Spent a little extra and got one with a fan in it. I’m going to have to keep an eye on the weather because if it rains I will have to cover the hole. It has a screen so nothing can get in. It is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday and I am hoping it comes FedEx so I will have time to get it installed before I go back to work on Wednesday. It isn’t supposed to rain, lets hope it is accurate.

I can’t believe it is Friday already. It is going too fast. I knew it would. :(

Tomorrow I will probably start moving the cactus garden. That will be slow going because they are cactus and have to be handled very carefully. I think I am going to move pieces instead of the whole cactus and let it reestablish itself like I did the first time. I will have to find a new spot for my bird house because I am not putting that outside the fence. It is too nice and I spent way too much on it when I moved in, so it will go in the new garden when I figure out what I am going to do there. Money has gotten way too tight to even think about that right now tho. I’m going to try to give the parent plants away, if no one wants them that means a trip to the landfill where most of them came from to begin with. 


Found some mouse traps in the shed. They are a little different than the ones I have out right now, so I need to get a couple of them baited and set. When I moved the cover for the scooter to put the yard sale stuff over there, I discovered mousie's new storage spot. Lots and lots of seeds inside the cover and the little bastard chewed a hole in it too. I still need to get the garbage to the dumpster, I did get it gathered and out, so half the battle is done. I also need to air up the scooter tires. I can’t see them when I am on the scooter to see how soft they are, but I can hear the difference and they need air. 

I need to do some weeding and fertilize the grapefruit tree along with getting out the leaf sucker and getting rid of some leaves. There are a lot on the back fence that need to go. Those will all be dumped under the grapefruit tree, it seems to like it. 

Well, time to get some breakfast and do something. It’s a toss up between the closet and the cactus, but am leaning towards the closet.











No comments:

Post a Comment