Tuesday, October 10, 2017

My last day of vacation. :(

I did fun things yesterday like laundry, garbage, etc. I did finish up the cactus. Got rid of three, two inside the fence, one out, and transplanted the fourth. I also potted up the aloe until I figure out the perennial garden. I need to regroup first and get a little money ahead. I am thinking cinderblock enclosure with red block caps. would be the least expensive version and if I kept it at one row high, I wouldn’t have to move the honeysuckle. I could also dig out some sand to make it deeper if I need to. 




One of the cactus I got rid of, the volunteer outside the fence, had the microscopic prickers. I am still dealing with them. I think they literally jump off the cactus. That is basically the reason I got rid of it because it is right behind the trailer and I had to be very careful every time I went to open the door. I ended up twisting off each paddle and dropping it in a garbage bag that was inside of a bucket. I used three bags and three buckets. That way when I went to throw them in the dumpster I wouldn’t have to touch the bags, just dump the buckets. The microscopic prickers hurt and you can’t see them to remove them. I had to scrape my shoes after I got done. I’m hoping I got them all.

Took the golf cart to the dumpster since I had the three buckets, last week’s garbage and this week’s as well, plus the stuff from the shed. It was quite a load. Glad to have it gone. There are no more cactus inside the fence. The yard looks nekkid.


The aloe came up easily. It is quite large. That is a 5 gallon bucket it is in. 

I still have the cactus cuttings to put in the new cactus area, but those are still drying. Will probably do them next Monday and finally have that project done. 

I moved a bat yesterday. It was just lying on the sidewalk in front of the club house. It was still alive and hissed at me. I probably didn’t save it, but at least it wasn’t lying in the sun on the concrete until it died. Poor thing. He hissed at me and had quite the set of teeth on him.



That is actually the first bat I have seen this year. Usually I see them at work at night, but haven’t this year and I have been looking for them. Still have the night hawks tho.

My last day of vacation. I am already stressing about going back to work. I look forward to the day that I can leave that job.  

I just tracked the vent for the trailer. It is coming FedEx. That means it should be here by mid day and I should be able to get it installed this afternoon. Hopefully. Technically is should only take about an hour, but these things never go the way they are supposed to. Plus, I want to finally get the vent cover installed and that is a new addition and will require extra work. 

And since I am going back to work tomorrow, I need to cut and file my nails. And I still have the bedroom closet to clean out. I wore a pair of shorts yesterday that were too tight last year. Quite comfy this year. I’m not going to bother with clothes in the yard sale, they don’t sell well and I can get rid of them much faster by just taking them to Sal’s and giving them away. And since I do wear a uniform, I don’t need all the clothes that are jammed into the closet and drawers. I just don’t wear them. 

Haven’t done anything with my snowflakes yet. Haven’t sold any more of the good ones either, but I haven’t pressed the issue. But I will, soon.

Oh, I also fertilized the grapefruit tree yesterday. Supposed to do that three times per year, but this is the first time I have done it this year. Two more months and I will be picking grapefruit. They take almost a year to grow. They are getting quite large and noticeable now.

I picked a nasty little grasshopper off my garden yesterday. It was eating my rainbow chard and the tops of my radishes. I guess I am going to have to start checking every day. He died.

Not sure what I am going to do that is special today. Maybe treat myself to Taco Tuesday. But that means I would have to get showered and dressed…so who knows. I should really get started on the bedroom closet and get that done. I only got about half the things on my list done, all stuff that didn’t cost anything. Pretty much everything that is left costs money. I have no money. I couldn’t even swing an overnight somewhere this time. Guess I will have to start a vacation fund along with the bill paying account. I could do that by getting a prepaid card and just add money to it on a regular basis. Will have to think about that. One that doesn’t have a monthly fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment