Monday, October 2, 2017

Vacation - Day One

I made it. It was a tough day, busy. Plus I was developing yet another blister on the bottom of my right foot this time. I was so happy to finally clock out at 3:30. Since I didn’t sleep much the night before, I was really tired and crashed after my pizza and pie. 

Today is my rest day. I need to catch up on some sleep and get used to the idea I don’t have to go to work on Wednesday. Or Thursday, or Friday…I can’t wait for the day that I don’t have to go back ever. Coffee at 7 this morning and Schwans and UPS with my snowflakes this afternoon. Naps in between. 

The cool tub is too cold to get into, but I did soak my feet and almost my knees while my pizza was cooking. It felt really good. But it will come down some time this week and I will arrange some sort of sitting area or something. For now, I might bring in the little glass table and chairs, and once I figure out what I want to do, will swap that out with the gas fireplace. I didn’t use that at all last year, but if it is in an area that I actually use, it might get some play time. 

I snapped a picture of my electric meter on my way to work yesterday and just calculated this month’s bill. It is $78 less than last month. The cooler weather has been great and the savings even better. Still higher than it was this time last year tho. I did turn on the AC for about an hour last night to cool it off indoors. It was just too hot and stuffy and the nights aren’t as cool this week as they were last week. But I am hoping it is off for the season now. 

Gotta figure out something to throw in the crock pot. Seems like Mondays are my crock pot days. Even tho they are designed to work when you aren’t home, I won’t leave one going if I am not here. I just don’t trust em. Won’t leave the washer or dryer going either. Maybe some beans. Although shepherd’s pie sounds good too, but that would have to be stove top and oven. I have everything I need to make that. I could do both, and have the beans in the fridge for salads and stuff. 

I spent another $30 at DG yesterday. My B-12 drops were buy one get one free and I had just opened my last bottle, so I got those, some hair oil (very dry hair this year), a charger for my phone, another bunch of seeds, my pizza and pies. I still have half the pizza for either breakfast or lunch. I ate both pies (sigh….). Shouldn’t have bought them. One of them was supposed to be for next Sunday. The seeds were 6 and 12 cents per package, got some flowers this time too. 

Gonna try to use the scooter this week if I need to go anywhere. I need to air up the tires. They go soft just sitting there. I do need to go to Blythe and get the oil changed in the car and that means a trip to Dollar Tree and Smart and Final. That won’t be cheap. I will also have to gas up the car after. I haven't been in almost a year.

Yesterday was the first day of the season for the vendors. The ones that are here are now open, so I want to cruise them at least once while I am off. Tomorrow is the ladies lunch at the Yacht Club. I think that is the only restaurant in town that I haven’t been to at least once. Kay is planning on going and I will probably ride with her, although it is within scooter distance. I wonder how many people I will know there, I can think of at least four off the top of my head. 

Just about time to get in the shower and get ready for coffee. I would rather go back to sleep, but it is the first social gathering of the season and I hate to miss it. Don’t know why it is at 7 instead of 8, but I will go with it. 

Saw my mouse again last night. I will have to get serious and deal with that this week. He doesn’t seem to be a chewer, but still has to go. Too bad. I like mice, just not in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment